The NUS-Overseas Graduate Scholarship (NUS-OGS) Scheme is part of NUS’ continuing efforts to nurture high calibre Singaporeans for a career in academia by supporting their doctoral studies abroad. The course of study and area of research pursued should be relevant to the Department and Faculty’s current and future strategic areas of teaching and research.
Amazing opportunity for aspirants
User Review( votes)
The aim of The grant is to help talented students who need aids to achieve their desired future.
The NUS-Overseas Graduate Scholarship (NUS-OGS) Scheme is part of NUS’ continuing efforts to nurture high calibre Singaporeans for a career in academia by supporting their doctoral studies abroad.
- Application Deadline: April 5, 2019
- Course Level: The grant is available to pursue the doctoral programme.
- Study Subject: The course of study and area of research pursued should be relevant to the Department and Faculty’s current and future strategic areas of teaching and research.
- Nationality: Singapore
- Number of Awards: Number of scholarship is not given.
- The award can be taken in Singapore
- Eligible Countries: Singapore
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Is a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident;
- Has outstanding undergraduate academic records (at least a Bachelor’s degree with 2nd Upper Honours);
- Has shown a certain degree of aptitude for teaching and research;
- Has obtained outside funding, e.g. Fellowships, Teaching and/or Research Assistantships which usually come with a waiver of tuition fees and/or stipend.
- Those who meet the above eligibility conditions and are currently already pursuing their doctoral degree in top overseas universities are also welcome to apply.
How to Apply:
- Applicant’s latest curriculum vitae (which should include details on any teaching experience at undergraduate and above levels of studies) and publication list;
- An abstract of any thesis previously written;
- 3 Copies of 2 or 3 pieces of research/design work that the applicant considers to be his/her most significant works;
- A proposal of at least 2 research topics which he/she intends to pursue, with a minimum of a half-page write-up on the details of each proposed topic.
- A copy of the applicant’s NRIC and entry/re-entry permit (for Singapore Permanent Residents);
- A copy of each of the detailed results/transcripts of the following examinations:
- GCE ‘O’ & ‘A’ Levels / School & Higher School Examinations / NUS High Final Year and Year 4 results / International Baccalaureate (IB) / Polytechnic Diploma or equivalent
- University degree(s)
- A copy of each of the following certificates:
- GCE ‘O’ & ‘A’ Levels / School & Higher School Examinations / NUS High Diploma / International Baccalaureate (IB) / Polytechnic Diploma or equivalent University degree(s)
- A copy of the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score sheet, if applicable;
- A copy of the letter(s) of offer from each university applied to for admission to the graduate programme;
- A copy of the letter(s) of the offer for other scholarship(s) and/or award(s) applied for and the outcome of these applications;
- A completed Personal Particulars Form available from and NUS Personal Data Consent for Job staff of NUS at the point of application; and
- A minimum of 2 confidential referees’ reports. In the interest of time, the full application materials indicated in paragraph 2 above, except the referees’ reports, may be submitted to the respective Heads of Departments in advance, and the referees’ reports may be sent directly to the Heads of Departments by the application closing date.
The sponsorship will cover the followings:
- Two sets of economy-class return airfare for travel between Singapore and place of study; one for the commencement/completion of the study and the other for a required summer visit back to NUS. The successful applicant is expected to bear the cost of the airfare(s) for their accompanying spouse and family;
- Tuition fees and other compulsory fees, eligibility to be decided on a case-by-case basis;
- Maintenance allowance, eligibility and quantum to be decided on a case-by-case basis;
- Conference and fieldwork grants, available by application;
- Medical insurance coverage (only for staff) at an institution of study; and
- NUS-OGS awardees are expected to secure external funding and not require a salary in general. Eligibility for salary during the program term will be decided on a case-by-case basis.