Alliance Manchester Business School was established in 1965 as one of the UK’s first two business schools. Today, they are the UK’s largest campus-based business and management school, and ‘Original Thinking Applied’ is at the heart of everything they do.
User Review( votes)
Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing MBA programme.
Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in the field of business administration.
Manchester merit awards: 15-60% of fees
Women in Business Scholarships: 15-60% of fees
Industry Sector Scholarships: 15-60% of fees
Inspirational Leaders Scholarships: 15%-60% of fees
The award can be taken in the UK
Manchester merit awards:
- The most outstanding MBA applicants identified during the admissions process.
- A minimum GMAT of 600 or equivalent GRE.
Women in Business Scholarships: Female candidates with excellent academic, professional and personal achievements and strong leadership ability.
Industry Sector Scholarships:
Professional Services Scholarship: Candidates able to demonstrate good academic credentials and outstanding achievements and career progression, working for an internationally recognised professional services company (global leader), in one of the following roles: management consultant, accountant/auditor, architect, legal professional. This award is not open to IT consultants.
Entrepreneurship Scholarship: Candidates with professional careers in entrepreneurship, demonstrating outstanding achievement in entrepreneurial careers with exceptional entrepreneurial flair creating and running a successful or growing business venture(s).
Marketing Professionals Scholarship: Candidates able to demonstrate good academic credentials and outstanding professional experience and achievements in marketing management roles for international brands or organisations.
Energy Sector Scholarship: Candidates able to demonstrate good academic credentials and outstanding professional experience and achievements, currently working in a senior role for a multi-national energy/oil & gas company.
Military Leaders Scholarship: Open to UK/European (EEA) permanent residents with previous or current experience as officers in the armed forces. Candidates must have strong communication and networking skills, leadership characteristics and a commitment to promoting social and corporate responsibility in British/European society.
Inspirational Leaders Scholarships: Inspirational leaders who meet the criteria below.
- An inspirational leader with exceptional leadership qualities.
- Minimum 6 years of professional experience since completion of a bachelor degree.
- Minimum of 3 years in strategic leadership positions.
- You should currently be in a senior management position for a multinational company. This should be a strategic leadership role, with high-level responsibility, and most likely reporting into board level.
- Exceptional career progression and outstanding professional and personal achievements.
- Strong performance on Manchester MAT.
Nationality: UK and international students can apply for these MBA scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have good undergraduate degree or international equivalent.
Test Requirement: The GMAT or GRE score is only one of University’s admission criteria – they are looking for the ‘right fit’ for the unique Manchester MBA and use all of the admissions criteria to make a decision. A very high score does not necessarily give a stronger chance of admission and a below average score does not automatically eliminate a candidate. You need to have a balanced score on all parts of the GMAT. Students should aim for a score 600+. Although we do not state a minimum score, it is rare for us to admit a candidate with a score below 500. The middle 80% range for the class is usually 550 – 700.
English Language Requirement:
- IELTS: Overall 6.5; with 6.0 in listening, writing, reading and speaking without exception. Test date must be no more than 2 years prior to the start of the MBA.
- TOEFL (iBT): Overall 90; with 20 in listening, writing, reading and speaking. Test date must be no more than 2 years prior to the start of the MBA. Please note we do not accept the computer-based or paper-based TOEFL tests.
- PTE Academic: Overall 59 – 65; with 59 in listening, writing, reading and speaking without exception. Test date must be no more than 2 years prior to the start of the MBA.
- CPE or CAE (Cambridge): Grade C. Valid for life
- India Standard X11 Examination: 65% in English
How to Apply: To be considered for an Alliance Manchester Business School scholarship students will need to submit a complete application for the Full-time MBA. Some of The grants require an additional application to be submitted, please review the information about each funding for specific details. Full-time MBA Application Checklist
- Application for
- Admission essays and presentation
- CV / resume
- Two professional references
- GMAT/GRE score report
- English Language score report (if applicable)
- Degree transcript and certificate
- Photo / name page from your passport
- Passport sized head and shoulders photo
Application Deadline: The application deadline is January 9, 2017.