The National University of Singapore has opened the door of knowledge for students from all around the world by offering an NUS President’s Graduate Fellowship. The scholarship is awarded to candidates who show exceptional promise or accomplishment in research.
The fellowship is open to students from all around the world who want to pursue a PhD program for the academic year 2019/20. After applying for this funding, candidates will get financial support and also ensures university placement in their intended program.
User Review( votes)
NUS is ranked consistently as one of the world’s top universities. They offer the most extensive college degree courses in Singapore.
Why at the National University of Singapore? NUS serves a lot of opportunities for students to share ideas and interact with professors and students from different cultures. It also provides a vibrant, invigorating and inspiring lifestyle. It is dedicated to serving you with the highest level of Tertiary Education.
Application Deadline: Application starts from 16 November till 15 May.
- University or Organization: National University of Singapore
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD. Program
- Award: S$3,500, S$3,200 and S$3,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Singapore
- Eligible Countries: Singapore and International students are eligible to apply.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Pursuing a PhD degree program in any subject offered by the university.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants must have graduated with an undergraduate degree with at least Second Class Honours (Upper Division) / Honours (Distinction) or equivalent.
- Candidates have been offered admission to a full-time doctoral research (PhD) program at NUS.
- Applicants must be eligible for MOE Subsidy1.
- Please click here for Eligibility Guidelines for MOE Subsidy.
- Current NUS Research Scholars who have passed the PhD Qualifying Examination (QE) are also eligible. NGS students are not eligible for this award.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for this grant, candidates are required to take admission in the PhD degree coursework at the National University of Singapore. After taking admission applicants will be automatically considered.
- Supporting Documents: Evaluation is carried out based on a combination of factors such as academic degree and record, letters of recommendation, standardized test scores and relevant work experience.
- Admission Requirements: Admission into a Ph.D. programme requires a good Master’s degree in a relevant discipline, or at least a Second Class Upper Honours / Honours (Distinction) degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Language Requirement: As English is the medium of instruction of the University, applicants may be required to demonstrate proficiency in English in the form of TOEFL/IELTS as part of the admission criteria.
- Benefits: The University will provide the following monthly stipend to students.
- Singapore Citizen- S$3,500
- Singapore Permanent Resident- S$3,200
- International Student- S$3,000