The National University of Singapore is offering scholarships to outstanding freshmen pursuing undergraduate programmes in NUS. Scholarships are available for students who demonstrate academic excellence, present excellent co-curricular activities record and exhibit outstanding leadership qualities.
The five tiers of NUS Scholarships offered to prospective students are as follows: NUS Global Merit Scholarship, NUS Undergraduate (Merit) Scholarship, NUS Undergraduate Scholarship, Kent Ridge Undergraduate (Merit) Scholarship and Kent Ridge Undergraduate Scholarship.
User Review( votes)
As a world-class university, NUS offers you an exciting curriculum combining breadth and depth with a distinct global and Asian perspective, the freedom to explore across discipline and a plethora of extra-curricular and overseas study opportunities.
- Study Subject (s): Scholarships are offered to study an undergraduate course at NUS and is tenable for the normal course duration. Scholarships offered under Dentistry, Law, Medicine and Music cannot be transferred across courses, while scholarships offered under other courses may be transferred to other courses, excluding Dentistry, Law, Medicine and Music. Kent Ridge Undergraduate (Merit) Scholarship and Kent Ridge Undergraduate Scholarship are not available for Dentistry and Medicine.
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing an undergraduate degree at the National University of Singapore.
- Scholarship Award: Varies
- Scholarship can be taken in Singapore
- Be Singapore Citizens.
- Have strong leadership qualities and potential.
- Have good co-curricular activities records.
- Possess outstanding Singapore-Cambridge GCE A-Level, local polytechnic diploma, International Baccalaureate diploma, NUS High School diploma or equivalent qualifications.
- Be applying for admission to a full-time undergraduate degree programme at NUS.
- Kent Ridge Undergraduate (Merit) Scholarship and Kent Ridge Undergraduate Scholarship are not available for Dentistry and Medicine.
Nationality: Students of Singapore can apply for these NUS undergraduate scholarships.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online. Interested students should submit one common scholarship application to NUS to be considered for (i) all five tiers of NUS Scholarships.
- Each NUS Scholarship is bond-free and includes the following benefits:
- Tuition fees (after MOE Tuition Grant subsidy).
- Eligibility for various university-funded scholar development programmes and free tickets to selected NUS arts performances.
- S$6,000 annual living allowance (NUS Undergraduate (Merit) Scholarship and NUS Global Merit Scholarship); S$3,600 annual living allowance (NUS Undergraduate Scholarship and Kent Ridge Undergraduate (Merit) Scholarship).
- NUS Undergraduate (Merit) Scholarship, NUS Undergraduate Scholarship and NUS Global Merit Scholarship include further following benefits:
- S$2,000 one-time computer allowance upon enrollment.
- Eligibility to enrol in the University Scholar’s Programme or the University Town College Programme.
- Eligibility for the NUS Scholar Enrichment Grant, which will co-fund 50% of the scholar’s participation in short local or overseas enrichment programmes (including programme fees, airfare and overseas accommodation), for up to 2 applications for the entire course of study and up to $3,000 per application.
Apart from these, the NUS Global Merit Scholarship includes the following further benefits:
- S$2,450 annual accommodation allowance if a scholar is staying on campus, or S$3,850 if a scholar is staying in University Town.
- S$7,500 Student Exchange Programme/NUS Overseas Colleges allowance per semester for non-Asian countries and Japan, and S$5,000 per semester for other Asian countries.
Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline is March 19, 2017.