OAS – Government of Chile Scholarship and Training Project for CARICOM Countries is calling its first call for applications for the year 2018. This scholarship is awarded to study Disaster Field Operations Course at the Florida International University through its Academy for International Disaster Preparedness.
FIU started with a vision to build a public university in Miami, an institution that could create an opportunity for an evolving, dynamic city. Half a century later, that vision became a Carnegie Foundation top-ranked research university. What started on an abandoned airstrip became a leading cultural institution, a community of 200,000 alumni and a solution centre for the challenges of the future.
User Review( votes)
- Applications Deadline: June 27, 2018
- Course Level: award is available to pursue training programme.
- Study Subject: Disaster Field Operations Course at the Florida International University through its Academy for International Disaster Preparedness. The Course is intended to provide participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to engage in an international disaster response, in a real to life field settings.
- Scholarship Award:
- Full tuition, which includes meals, uniforms, transportation costs and housing for the Course.
- The cost of one round-trip economy class airfare to and from Miami;
- One or two nights at a hotel in Miami; and
- Travel insurance;
- Nationality: Available to students from CARICOM member countries.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Florida, United States
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: CARICOM member countries (Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Grenada, Haiti, Jamaica, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent & the Grenadines, Trinidad & Tobago and Turks & Caicos Islands)
Entrance Requirements: To be considered for this application opportunity, an applicant must:
- Submit a complete application with all required supporting documents; and
- Be a citizen and/or permanent legal resident of a CARICOM country that is an OAS member State.
The following applicants are ineligible:
- Current OAS scholarship recipients;
- GS/OAS staff and their immediate relatives or GS/OAS consultants; and
- OAS Permanent officials and their immediate relatives.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must meet the Universities’ English Language Requirements.
How to Apply: To apply for the opportunity , applicants must complete an OAS online application form and attach the required supporting documents listed below:
- One (1) recommendation letter from employer/institution in sponsoring country.
- The letter must include the letterhead of the institution/employer, the position of the referee, date and signature. The recommendation letter should be addressed to the OAS Scholarship and Training Programs, Department of Human Development, Education and Employment.
- Response to essay question – Describe how participating in this course will enhance your professional skills, and directly impact institution, community and country.
- The essay should be no more than two pages; written in size 12 times new roman font and double-spaced.
- Cover letter detailing relevant work experience in the area of study.
- Curriculum vitae or resume.
- Copy of a government issued ID (passport or national ID Card).
Please note the following:
- All documents must be in English or officially translated into English.
- All the required documents must be combined into one (1) single PDF file (no larger than 5MB). If the file is larger than 5MB, the application system would not accept the file and does allow for more than one document to be uploaded.
- Only complete applications will be considered