The OAS General Secretariat (GS/OAS) is inviting applications for Master of Science Scholarships in Public Health Nutrition starting on August 27, 2018. Citizen and/or permanent legal resident of any OAS member state, except Jamaica.
The aim of the scholarship is to give financial support to the students of OAS member states.
The Organization of American States is the world’s oldest regional organization, dating back to the First International Conference of American States, held in Washington, D.C., from October 1889 to April 1890.
- Application Deadline: June 1, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue MSc programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in Public Health Nutrition.
- Scholarship Award: USD $7,000 to cover program fees Student cost is USD $5,800 for remaining program fees.
- Nationality: Be a citizen and/or permanent legal resident of any OAS member state, except Jamaica.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Jamaica
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Citizen and/or permanent legal resident of any OAS member state, except Jamaica.
Entrance Requirements: To be considered for this scholarship opportunity, an applicant must:
- Provide an unconditional admission letter from UTech, Ja.;
- Submit a complete scholarship application with all required supporting documents; and
- Be a citizen and/or permanent legal resident of any OAS member state, except Jamaica.
o Applicants from Argentina must fill out a required form through the following link; http://www.oas.org/en/scholarships/PAEC/2018/NOTA-SOLICITUD-DGCIN-2017.doc and send it to the National Liaison Office (ONE) in Argentina.
The following applicants are ineligible:
Ä Current OAS scholarship recipients;
Ä GS/OAS staff and their immediate relatives or GS/OAS consultants; and
Ä OAS Permanent officials and their immediate relatives.
English Language Requirements: Proof of English Proficiency, if applicable –students whose native language is not English will be required to submit one of the following as proof of English proficiency:
- A copy of an official transcript verifying completion of studies in an English speaking university in the last five years;
- A test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a score of 570 or higher for the paper-based test, 230 for computer-based test, or an internet-based TOEFL (IBT) score of at least 89;
- IELTS 6.5, or the equivalent.
How to Apply: Gather Supporting Documents and Apply online
- To apply for an OAS – UTech, Ja. Scholarship, applicants must fill out the OAS online scholarshipØ application form and attach ALL required supporting documentation. The list of required documentation can be found through the link below.
- ALL the required documents must be combined into one (1) single PDF file (no larger thanØ 5MB). If the file is larger than 5MB, you will be unable to submit the online form. The application system does not allow for more than one document to be uploaded. Do not include any additional documents besides those indicated.