Applicants are invited to apply for the Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) Program for a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident, or Protected Person and international students which is providing by the Province of Ontario and the University.
The Ontario Graduate (OGS) Program provides funding for students who want to pursue graduate studies at the masters and doctoral levels. It’s a merit-based study, with awards available to graduate students attending participating schools in Ontario in all disciplines of academic study.
Excellent Scholarship (OGS) Program in Canada.
User Review( votes)
The OGS program is jointly funded by the Province of Ontario and the university awarding the free study. Ontario contributes two-thirds of the value of the award and the university provides one-third. This year, Ontario provided about $30 million towards these grants and participating schools provided $15 million.
Application deadline: Deadlines may vary as per the school
To be considered, you must also meet the following criteria:
- You’ll be in graduate studies in the master’s or doctoral level
- You’ll be enrolled in a full-time program for 2 or more terms (21 to 52 weeks in total) for the academic year you’re submitting your application.
- You’ll be attending one of the following participating Ontario school:
- Brock University
- Carleton University
- University of Guelph
- Lakehead University
- Laurentian University
- McMaster University
- Nipissing University
- OCAD University
- University of Ontario Institute of Technology
- University of Ottawa
- Queen’s University
- Ryerson University
- University of Toronto
- Trent University
- University of Waterloo
- Western University
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- University of Windsor
- York University
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students interested in Ontario Graduate (OGS) are reminded that each university awards these grants individually and sets their own deadlines. Applicants must apply for an OGS to each of the universities they are interested in attending. Students already enrolled at a university should apply to their institution. Contact the Graduate School Office at the school you’re planning to attend for details on their application process
- Supporting Documents: To apply, students must be ready to submit the Two Academic Assessment Reports, Research/Program Statement, Awards and Publication Pages, Temporary resident visa student-student study permit, Get Transcripts, Request two References, Accept Your Offer.
- Language Requirements: Students must be proficient in the English language.
OGS awards are based on the number of terms of your consecutive studies within an academic year:
- $10,000 for 2 consecutive study terms
- $15,000 for 3 consecutive study terms