The Open University is pleased to AHRC PhD Studentship through the Open-Oxford-Cambridge AHRC Doctoral Training Partnership in the UK for the academic year 2023-2024. The Doctoral Training Partnership (DTP) is a bond of three universities supported by world-class research and training environments.
Exclusively selected students interested in expanding their knowledge can apply for the Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) PhD Studentship. The fully-funded studentship will include a full tuition fee and an annual stipend of up to £17,668. International applications accepted.
Open-Oxford-Cambridge AHRC Doctoral Training Partnership Open University/AHRC PhD Studentships
Wonderfull offer for international applicants.
User Review( votes)
Established in 1969, the Open University is a global leader in higher education, able to reach every adult in the United Kingdom. Its mission is to make education accessible to all, and they’ve already helped over 2 million students realize their ambitions. It is internationally recognized for innovative research across the Arts and Humanities and hosts a number of major AHRC- and ESRC-funded research projects.
Why study at the Open University? OU provides a friendly and flexible working environment for all its staff and students and holds a Bronze Athena Swan award. While studying at this university, aspirants will receive a creative learning atmosphere and a first-class teaching experience. The university particularly welcomes applications from women and ensures that every female PhD student is allocated a female member of staff as a point of contact and organizes networking events for female academic staff and PhD students.
Application Deadline: 11 January 2023.
- University or Organization: The Open University
- Department: Faculty of Arts and Social Science (FASS)
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: £17,668 per annum
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK.
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The Open University is currently recruiting for DTP studentships in the Faculty of Arts and Social Science (FASS).
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Any prospective doctoral student wishing to study at a UK research organization is eligible for studentship funding from UK Research and Innovation (UKRI), including the Arts and Humanities Research Council. However, the number of awards to international students is limited and will normally be at most 30% of the total awards in any year.
- The number of awards the DTP can give international students is limited to 30% of the total awards made.
- Applicants must meet eligibility requirements for the AHRC and the Open-Oxford-Cambridge AHRC DTP.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can start their admission applications. Then, students must fill out the studentship application form separately and mail it to FASS-PhD-Applications-at-open.ac.uk.
- Application Form
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to prepare and complete the application form, a research proposal, and a cover letter indicating their suitability and reasons for applying.
- Admission Requirements: Students can check all the university entrance requirements before applying.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must meet all the English Language requirements of The Open University.
- The Open University will provide a full award, comprising a stipend to support living costs (at least £17,668 p.a.) and fees up to the home rate.
- The DTP partners will cover the gap between the home and overseas fee rates for international students.