The award of $20,000 will be given to candidates who have the ability to make significant contributions in their chosen field of study.
User Review( votes)
The P.E.O. Sisterhood is a U.S.-based international women’s organization with a primary focus on providing educational opportunities for female students worldwide. It aims to be a source of encouragement and support for women to realize their potential in whatever worthwhile endeavor they choose.
Why should you apply for this programme? PEO is known for promoting educational opportunities for women as continues to be the primary philanthropy of the P.E.O. Sisterhood. The P.E.O. Sisterhood proudly sponsors international philanthropies, or projects, designed to assist women with their educational goals clearly making a difference in the lives of women all over the world.
Application Deadline: Open
- University or Organization: PEO International
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Doctoral
- Award: $20,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: America and Canada
- The award can be taken in the USA or Canada.
- Eligible Countries: American and Canadian students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can undertake doctoral-level study at the U.S. or Canadian post-secondary institution.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- be a citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States or Canada
- have earned, at minimum, a bachelor’s degree
- be within two years of graduating from a doctoral program and have at least one full academic year of work remaining in August of the year you are awarded
- be enrolled in the full-time doctoral-level study at an accredited U.S. or Canadian post-secondary institution during the entire academic year of the award
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must follow the application process of their respective universities. Application to participate in the award programme is to be made here. The nominated students will receive their nomination letters along with the list of the required documents which must then be submitted to [email protected].
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Academic records
- Letter of recommendation
- Research proposal
- Evidence of scholarly activities
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the academic requirements for a doctoral study of the institute they wish to get admission in.
- Language Requirement: The students must provide proof of English language proficiency. TOEFL and IELTS have widely accepted tests across the US and Canada.
The winners of this award will be handed $20,000 towards the cost of a doctoral-level study in any American or Canadian university/institute.