Dublin City University is accepting applications for its Michael Jordan Fellowships in Education for the academic year 2021-2022 in Ireland.
This fellowship is offered to all international and domestic aspirants that wish to enroll in a Postgraduate Research programme at the Dublin City University Institute of Education. Eligible candidates will have been a teacher and have a specialized interest in an area of education. The fellowship award comprises a stipend, tuition fees, and research expenses.
User Review( votes)
The DCU Institute of Education is the newest faculty of Dublin City University, which ranks 1st in Ireland and 19th in the world for graduate employability, according to the 2020 QS Graduate Employability Rankings.
Why choose to study at Dublin City University? It is one of the world’s leading young universities and is committed to academic excellence and innovation. DCU is confident its students and staff, and its graduates, can flourish and lead in the challenging and complex contexts of 21st-century education.
Application Deadline: 30th September 2021
- University or Organization: Dublin City University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postgraduate Research
- Award: €31,500 per annum
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in Ireland.
- Eligible Countries: Irish nationals and other students from foreign countries are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Applicants can undertake any Postgraduate Research study programme at the DCU Institute of Education.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Applicants should be a teacher and have a specialized interest in an area of education (early years through to further and higher education) and have developed a research proposal that will lead to a research degree of PhD.
- The successful candidate will be required to register for a full-time research degree (PhD) at the DCU Institute of Education.
- The successful candidate will be allocated a supervisory panel for the duration of their studies which will contain at least one primary supervisor and an Independent Panel member.
- The successful applicant will meet the eligibility requirements of Postgraduate Research students at IoE, Dublin City University as follows
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can apply to DCU via its online application portal. The applicants are required to attach the following documents in a mail to [email protected] to apply for the scholarship. The applicants must put ‘Michael Jordan Fellowship’ in the subject bar of all email communications.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Cover letter
- Full Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of transcripts of qualifications
- Research proposal – please use the Institute of Education Research Proposal Form linked
- Please put Michael Jordan Fellowship in the subject bar of all email communications.
- Admission Requirements: Candidates holding an appropriate Master’s degree obtained by research may apply for direct entry to the PhD register to conduct research in a cognate area.
- Candidates with a taught Master’s degree in an appropriate discipline with first or second-class honors, and candidates with a primary degree in an appropriate discipline with first or second-class honors, grade one
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 92
- TOEFL CBT – 237
- TOEFL – 580
- IELTS – 6.5
- DET – 110 to 120
- ETAPP – C1
- CAE – 180
- PTE – 63
- CAP – 180
An annual package of up to €31,500 per annum for a maximum of three years comprising:
- A scholarship stipend of €25,000 per annum
- Fee contribution of up to €5,500 per annum
- Research expense fund of €1,000 per annum (to facilitate travel to conferences and purchase of materials, to be managed through your supervisor or his/her nominee.)