User Review( votes)
- A resident alien (holds a green card).
- A naturalized citizen of the US.
- Is the child of two parents who are both naturalized citizens.
To receive a fellowship, applicants must be younger than 30 years of age, and show evidence of at least two of the following three attributes (as quoted in the Soros application materials):
- Creativity, originality, and initiative demonstrated in any area of her/his life;.
- A capacity for accomplishment, demonstrated through activity that has required drive and sustained effort; and
- A commitment to the values expressed in the U.S. Constitution and the Bill of Rights (involvement supporting human rights and the rule of law, in opposition to unwarranted encroachment on personal liberty, and in advancing the responsibilities of citizenship in a free society.
The fellowship includes a grant of $20,000 per year for two years and a tuition grant of one-half the tuition cost of the US graduate program attended by the Fellow (up to a maximum of $16,000 per academic year).
For additional information (and copies of the appropriate forms) visit the Foundation web site at http://www.pdsoros.org/