Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore is offering free online course on People Management for Entrepreneurs. The objective of the course is to create awareness on understanding the role that owner/founders play in creating high performing organization.
In this course, applicants will learn human resources best practices to en hance your business culture and be an effective people manager. The course will start on July 5, 2018.
User Review( votes)
Course At A Glance
Length: 7 weeks
Effort: 4-5 hours pw
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $150
Session: Course Starts on July 5, 2018
Established in 1973, the Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore is one of the top management schools in India. We build leaders through holistic, transformative and innovative education.
About This Course
All entrepreneurs, by definition are people managers. As founder and owners, they hire people, groom them, motivate them, and harness their talent towards effective management of enterprise. Yet most entrepreneur believe that effective people management is common sense and is acquired through life experience.
While there is some truth to this belief, people management is also a science .It also comprises of principles, procedures and systems that need to be in place as the enterprise begin to groom. Many owners agree that in today’s economy people are the key differentiators in small and medium businesses.
Why Take This Course?
The objective of the course is to create awareness on:
- The key principles of people management.
- Critically understand how HR practices contribute to the enterprise sustainability in the long run.
- Understand the role that owner/founders play in creating high performing organization.
- To appreciate the role of entrepreneurs as people managers.
- How to implement human resources practices to build a sustainable enterprise.
- To understand and appreciate the role systems and processes play in effective people management.
- To enhance effectiveness in harnessing human capital for long-term sustainability of the venture.
Professor, Organizational Behaviour and Human Resource Management, IIM Bangalore
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)