The University of Cape Town awards Postdoctoral Fellowship to outstanding South African students. The fellowship enables to conduct research in the field of heart diseases.
The aim of the fellowship is to combine computational cardiac mechanics with medical imaging techniques and non-invasive procedures to gain insight into the chronology of inflammatory heart diseases from the biomechanics perspective.
User Review( votes)
The University of Cape Town (UCT) is South Africa’s oldest university and is one of Africa’s leading teaching and research institutions.
Course Level: The fellowship is available to pursue postdoctoral programme.
Study Subject: The Fellowship is awarded in Patient-Specific Simulation of Ventricular Remodelling in Inflammatory Heart Diseases.
Scholarship Award: The value of the fellowship is ZAR 220,000 per annum. No benefits or travel allowances are included in the value of the fellowship. The fellowship is tenable for 1 year with the possibility for renewal for a second year, dependent on performance.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in South Africa
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for the fellowship:
- The successful candidate must be in possession of a PhD or equivalent degree in a relevant area (Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Human Biology or related disciplines) and have an interest in (bio) mechanics/biomedical engineering.
- Only individuals who have achieved the doctoral degree within the past 5 years are eligible to apply.
- Applicants may not previously have held full-time professional or academic positions.
- The successful candidate may, as part of their professional development, be required to participate in departmental activities such as limited teaching and supervision and duties incidental thereto.
- The successful incumbent will be required to comply with the University’s approved policies, procedures and practises for the postdoctoral sector.
Nationality: South Africans applicants are eligible for the fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have a PhD or equivalent degree.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email.
- A letter of application describing their academic interests, as stated above in”Conditions of Award” item (i);
- Certified copies of academic transcripts and evidence of having graduated with the PhD degree;
- A CV including any publications or research output;
- The names and contact details of 3 academics/referees.
- Applications should be submitted to sebastian.skatulla-at-uct.ac.za
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted until the fellowship has been awarded.