In support of athletes pursuing educational and career development opportunities to support them during their sporting career and in preparation for life after sport, Water Polo Australia has started the Personal Development (PD) Scholarship Program for the academic year 2022-2023.
This program, supported by PKF Sydney and WPA Alumnus Nick Falzon, is designed to offer athletes professional development opportunities and could include university degrees, vocational courses, short courses or micro-credentials, virtual internships, registration or licensing, as well as flights and accommodation to complete any of the above. Current senior squad and National Age Group Program members, as well as senior squad members from the past two years, are eligible to apply and secure up to $10,000.
User Review( votes)
Water Polo Australia, formerly Australian Water Polo, is the national governing body for Water polo in Australia. The organization is responsible for developing and educating water polo players, officials, coaches, and volunteers throughout Australia and conducting competitions and championships for all levels of participation, interdependently with its Members and others.
The mission of Water Polo Australia is to create success today, inspire tomorrow and be a team for life. Our vision is to make our sport your sport through empowering our team, growing the number of people who play water polo, inspiring others through our national teams, and engaging our community. It offers the opportunity for participants aged six to master to enjoy Australia’s favorite aquatics team sport. There are thousands of water polo competitions taking place right around the country.
Application Deadline: The applications for the scholarship program will end on 30th September 2022.
- University or Organization: Water Polo Australia
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postgraduate
- Award: $10,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Home
- The award can be taken in Australia.
- Eligible Countries: All home country national students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Candidates can apply for the PD Scholarship program at Water Polo Australia.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be Australian High-Performance Water Polo athletes.
- The applicants must be categorized by WPA as a national squad member (junior or senior) or have been in the senior national squad within the past two years.
- The applicants must intend to enroll, are currently enrolled, or are part way through a personal development course from 1 January 2023 – 31 December 2023.
- The applicants must not be serving any sanction or period of ineligibility imposed in connection with any anti-doping rule violation or any breach of any integrity rules which apply to water polo or any other sport, nor have they had any anti-doping rule violations or match-fixing offenses at any time.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: All interested students must make online applications for this scholarship program for this scholarship program must be made by all interested students. All applicants will be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The applicants are required to present the following documents/information for the application:
- applicant’s current athlete national squad member details
- applicant’s educational institution/course details, including all inclusive costs
- any supporting documentation to your application, e.g., academic record/statement, a summary of enrolment, transcript, etc.
- applicant’s personal and bank account details
- applicant’s residential address
- Admission Requirements: The application documents submitted must identify applicants’ full name, educational institution, course name, and evidence that the study date is within the period 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must be fluent in the language used by the organization for communication.
Water Polo Australia will award the selected candidates a maximum scholarship amount of up to $10,000 through the Personal Development Scholarship Program.
rtkzmwik4xixvv2k.pdf (revolutionise.com.au) – here, the application deadline is 31st September 2022 so kindly enter whichever you think fits better.