Students who are wishing to apply for a study at the University of Sussex may apply for it PGCE First-Generation Scholars Award.
This study program is available for students who have a household income of less than £42,875 per annum. This program supports in addition to any loans from the Student Loans Company.
Nice option is open for UK citizen candidates in the UK.
User Review( votes)
The University of Sussex is a leading research institution and features highly in university league tables. The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2018 placed Sussex 147th in the world overall.
Why at the University of Sussex? At this university, the participants will get a variety of discipline and good academic facilities. It will provide an exceptional student experience along with the help of funding.
Application Deadline: 31 July 2020
University or Organization: University of Sussex
Course Level: Postgraduate degree
Award: £600 cash award
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: Varies
Nationality: UK citizen
The award can be taken in the UK
Eligible Countries: UK students are eligible to apply for this grant.
Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded in any postgraduate degree subjects offered by the university.
Admissible Criteria: To be eligible for this award you must:
- Students must have a household income of less than £42,875 per annum;
- Applicants must not be in receipt of an ITT Bursary or a grant from the Welsh Assembly;
- Candidates must be studying on a full-time course;
- Holders must not be studying on the Schools Direct (Salaried) courses.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: For taking advantage of this program, there is no formal application for the PGCE First-Generation Scholars Award. Your eligibility will be assessed by the Student Loans Company (SLC) when you make your application for funding. Information is automatically downloaded from Student Finance England and passed to the University.
- Admission Requirements: Claimants are required to have the equivalent of at least an upper second-class or lower second-class undergraduate honors degree depending on the course they are applying for.
- Supporting Documents: You may be asked for the educational certificate, personal statement, letter of motivation, letter of recommendation, transcripts and a CV.
- Language Requirments: All teaching at Sussex is in English and you must meet our English language requirements.
Benefits: Applicants will receive a £600 cash payment made on 14th January 2020 or later if household income is assessed later in the year.