ANU and CSC will jointly fund up to 20 Ph.D. scholarships each year. These opportunities are available to Chinese citizens to study in Australia.
The CSC and ANU have established the China Scholarship Council – Australian National University Joint Funding Program to provide research opportunities to high-quality research students and scholars from the PRC.
CSC is responsible for the organization, management, and provision of financial resources for Chinese citizens studying abroad, and to international students studying in China.
ANU is a world-leading university in Australia’s capital city, Canberra, which focuses on excellence in research and education ensures our graduates are in demand the world over.
University or Organization: The Australian National University
Course Level: Ph.D. program
Award: Full tuition and stipend
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Chinese citizens
The program can be taken in Australia
Application Deadline: Closed
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a citizen and permanent resident of the PRC at the time of application
- Meet all ANU admissions entry requirements including the English proficiency requirement, and receive either an unconditional offer of a place in an ANU Ph.D. program or an offer conditional on completion of their current program
- Be selected by their ANU College or Research School for an HDR Fee Remission Merit Scholarship
- Be eligible to receive an Australian student visa
- Return to China at the end of the period of study
- Satisfy other selection criteria set out by the China Scholarship Council
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Prospective applicants for the ANU-CSC Scholarship must first apply for and receive an unconditional offer of admission to ANU for their preferred Ph.D. program, or an offer conditional on completion of their current program.
- Language Requirements: All applicants, whether domestic or international, must provide evidence that their English language ability meets the minimum requirements for admission. The English Language Requirements for Students policy outlines approved methods for meeting the English requirements.
- ANU will provide an HDR Fee Remission Merit Scholarship to cover all tuition fees for (maximum) four years for ANU-CSC Scholarship recipients.
- CSC will provide a living allowance as prescribed by the PRC Government (currently AUD 20,400 per annum), Australian student visa application fees, mandatory student health insurance for the term of the visa, and return international airfare to Australia.
- Applicants are advised to apply to CSC for four years (48 months) of living allowance in order to ensure they have funding for the full duration of their HDR Fee Remission Merit Scholarship at ANU.