RMIT University is offering PhD Business funding for brightest and the best students to study in Australia regardless of background. this application is available for outstanding international applicants who wish to pursue a career in academia with a particular focus on research and publication in an area of business.
RMIT University (officially the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, informally RMIT) is an Australian public research university located in Melbourne, Victoria.
User Review( votes)
All applicants, regardless of country of origin or citizenship status, will be required to demonstrate competence in the English language prior to admission.
- Applications close: November 10, 2017
- Course Level: award is available for pursuing PhD programme.
- Study Subject: award is awarded in the field of business.
- Award: $32,000 per year plus fee waiver
- Number of Awards: One
- The award can be taken in Australia
To be eligible for this application you must:
- Hold a master by research or a master by coursework degree with a significant research component graded as high distinction or equivalent, or an honours degree achieving first class honours
- Meet RMIT’s entry requirements for the Doctor of Philosophy
International students are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement:
The minimum requirements for admission to a PhD program are:
- A bachelor degree requiring at least four years of full-time study in a relevant discipline awarded with honours. The degree should include a research component comprised of a thesis, other research projects or research methodology courses that constitute at least 25% of a full-time academic year (or part-time equivalent). The applicant must have achieved at least a distinction average in the final year; or
- A master degree that includes a research component comprised of at least 25% of a full-time academic year (or part-time equivalent) with an overall distinction average or a master degree without a research component with at least a high distinction average; or
- Evidence of appropriate academic qualifications and/or experience that satisfies the Associate Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Research Training and Development or nominee that the applicant has developed knowledge of the field of study or cognate field and the potential for research sufficient to undertake the proposed program.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have excellent written and verbal English skills.
A stipend of $32,000 per year plus fee waiver over the duration of three years.
How to Apply:
Email your application including the following to Dr Paul Gibson, Higher Degree by Research (HDR) coordinator, Graduate School of Business and Law, at paul.gibson-at-rmit.edu.au:
- A detailed CV;
- Certified copies of relevant academic transcripts from your undergraduate studies and postgraduate studies;
- Copies of any published or submitted papers;
- Proof of English proficiency;
- A research proposal outlining synthesis of relevant literature, proposed research design, and analysis techniques;
A separate document addressing the following selection criteria:
- Evidence of research output including publications, conference contributions and/or technical reports in the field of business.
- Ability to generate alternative funding for projects/academic travel/internships through effective liaison with industry and government.
- Ability to work autonomously whilst displaying a strong commitment to working in a team environment, including the demonstrated ability to confidently and effectively work with colleagues, project team leaders, and industry partners.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and effectively manage varying workloads and respond to changing priorities as required.
- Demonstrated high level written and verbal communication skills as evidenced in the mandatory research proposal.
- Demonstrated skills in appropriate research methods and analyses as evidenced in transcripts and the mandatory research proposal.
- Demonstrated conceptual skills as evidenced in the mandatory research proposal.