The Binational Fulbright Commission is pleased to announce the opening of the Fulbright Junior Faculty Development Program for Egypt on the merit-based competition for the academic session of 2020. The Fulbright Junior Faculty Development Program for Egypt includes a 3 months program at a U.S. university host campus.
The aim of the programme is to build higher education capacity in scholars’ home country through faculty development and mentoring for junior scholars.
A fine program for candidates
User Review( votes)
- Applications Deadline: December 1, 2019
- Course Level: This is a three months summer program.
- Study Subject: The programme is awarded in the field of renewable energy and engineering and information technology
- Award: The sponsorship will provide the following:
- Administrative stipend.
- Travel allowance and equipment allowance.
- Lodging for the program duration.
- Travel and accommodations for a re-entry workshop to be hosted in Washington, D.C.
- Round-trip international travel to the U.S.
- Accident and sickness health benefits coverage for the duration of the program
- The award can be taken in the USA
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the opportunity :
- Egyptian citizenship
- Applicants must reside in Egypt starting from the application process and throughout the selection, placement and pre-departure processes.
- Full-time faculty status at an Egyptian university or other institution of higher learning in Egypt (must be a degree-granting institution, offering at least a bachelor’s degree).
- MA/MS degree and at least five years of university-level teaching experience, or a PhD and no more than five years of university-level teaching experience. MA/MS holders who are currently enrolled in a doctoral program must possess at least three years of university-level teaching experience.
- Applicants have to successfully complete all the steps of the assessment and selection process and successfully finalize all required procedures.
Applications are open for Egyptian applicants.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a minimum, full-time instructors or lecturers with MA/MS degrees.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have sufficient knowledge of the language of instruction of the host university.
How to Apply:
How to Apply: Applications are available at https://apply.iie.org/jfdp with supporting documents such as:
? Study plan
? English Language Proficiency Test, if available
? J-1or J-2 Visa (DS-2019): If you have previously entered the United States on a J-1 or J-2
visa, please provide copies of your previous DS-2019(s).
? Passport copy.
? A scanned copy of your original valid National ID.
? Additional Documentation: Certificate of highest degree earned.
? Three recommendation letters (submitted online or as hard copies).