US Department of State is pleased to announce the opening of the Fulbright Junior Faculty Development Program for Egypt on merit-based competition for the academic session of 2018. The Fulbright Junior Faculty Development Program for Egypt includes a 10-week program at a U.S. university host campus.
The aim of the programme is to build higher education capacity in scholars’ home country through faculty development and mentoring for junior scholars.
User Review( votes)
The Fulbright Program, sponsored by the US government, plays a prominent role in the international education system.
- Applications close: December 7, 2017
- Course Level: This is a 10-week summer programme.
- Study Subject: The programme is awarded in the field of Public Health.
- Award: The scholars will receive stipend payments directly from IIE at the start of the program, which will allow them to pay for their daily living expenses. Institutions are required to meet the cultural needs of the participants including accessibility of halal food, if necessary.
- Number of Awards: Five to seven grants are available.
- The award can be taken in the USA
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the opportunity :
- Demonstrated strengths and ability to host junior faculty in one of the program’s academic disciplines;
- Registered institution of higher education duly organized and existing under the laws of the host institution’s state of incorporation;
- Experienced with designing and implementing specialized, intensive professional development programs for faculty;
- Demonstrated understanding of higher education in junior scholars’ home country;
- Eligibility to receive federal funds and not be disbarred;
- Accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S Department of Education, as being a reliable authority.
Applications are open for Egyptian applicants.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a minimum, full-time instructors or lecturers with MA/MS degrees.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have sufficient knowledge of the language of instruction of the host university.
The scholars will receive stipend payments directly from IIE at the start of the program, which will allow them to pay for their daily living expenses. Institutions are required to meet the cultural needs of the participants including accessibility of halal food, if necessary
How to Apply:
Proposals should be saved in PDF file format and emailed in the subject line of the email please indicate the program country and cohort discipline for which the proposal is submitted.