The University of Copenhagen is offering a PhD award in social medicine with a focus on health, well-being and social relations in a social housing area undergoing large structural changes commencing 1st January 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter.
The PhD Project will focus on how health, wellbeing and social relations change across time based on the survey waves 1 and 2 and if possible wave 3.
User Review( votes)
In the Copenhagen Lifecourse Epidemiology in Ageing Research group (CLEAR), we are leading several projects with a focus on natural experiments and the development of interventions among middle-aged and older people in disadvantaged areas. These projects are collaborative projects across research groups at the Section of Social Medicine and the Department of Public Health (Section of Health Services Research).
- Application Deadline: November 15, 2018
- Course Level: The studentships are available to study PhD fellowship
- Study Subject: The studentships are available for Health Sciences.
- Award: Depending on seniority, the monthly salary begins around 26.755 DKK /approx. 3.567 EUR (April 2018-level) plus pension.
- Nationality: The grant is available to international students.
- Number of scholarship: Number not given.
- The award can be taken in Denmark
- Eligible Countries: The grant is available to international students
- Entrance Requirement: Your key tasks as a PhD student at SUND are:
- Carry through an independent research project under the supervision
- Complete PhD courses or another equivalent education corresponding to approx. 30 ECTS points
- Participate in active research environments including a stay at another research team
- Obtain experience with teaching or other types of dissemination related to your PhD project
- Teach and disseminate your research
- Write a PhD thesis on the grounds of your project
- How to Apply: Your application must be submitted electronically by clicking ‘Apply now’ below. The application must include the following documents in PDF format:
- Motivated letter of application (max. one page)
- CV incl. education, experience, language skills and other skills relevant to the position
- A certified/signed copy of Master of Science certificate. If not completed, a certified/signed copy of a recent transcript of records or a written statement from the institution or supervisor will do
- Publication list (if possible)
- We reserve the right not to consider material received after the deadline, and not to consider applications that do not live up to the abovementioned requirements.