A 3-year PhD fellowship is available in the Biomolecular regulation group at the Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, University of Copenhagen, Denmark.
The PhD project aims to determine how RNA degradation impacts E. coli’s adaptation to various growth situations, such as alternating periods of nutrient limitation and nutrient abundance.
User Review( votes)
The University of Copenhagen is the oldest university and research institution in Denmark. Founded in 1479 as a studium generale, it is the second oldest institution for higher education in Scandinavia after Uppsala University.
Applicants must have excellent language skills in English and have excellent communications skills.
- Applications Deadline: August 18, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Molecular Microbiology
- Scholarship Award: The starting salary is currently at a minimum DKK 321,054 including annual supplement (+ pension of DKK 54,900 per year). Negotiation for salary supplement is possible.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this application .
- Number of Scholarships: Up to two fellowships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Denmark
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this application .
Entrance Requirements: We are looking for a candidate with the following professional and personal qualifications:
- A background focused on the molecular biology of bacteria.
- A strong interest in the research questions addressed by the group.
- Documented laboratory experience within molecular microbiology, especially RNA biology/biochemistry.
- Well-developed collaborative skills.
- Strong motivation to contribute to a working environment that is both productive and pleasant for all members of the group.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have good English skills.
How to Apply: The application, in English, must be submitted electronically by clicking online application below.
- Cover Letter, stating your motivation and background for applying for this specific PhD project.
- Diplomas and transcripts of records (BSc and MSc degrees)
- Other information for consideration, e.g. list of publications
- Full contact details (Name, address, telephone & email) of 2 professional referees