Applications are invited for Orion Research Foundation grants can be applied for between August 1 and September 10, 2018. International students are eligible to apply for this grant.
The purpose for use of this data file is to receive and manage grant applications.
User Review( votes)
Orion is a globally operating Finnish pharmaceutical company – a builder of well-being. Orion develops, manufactures and markets human and veterinary pharmaceuticals and active pharmaceutical ingredients. The company is continuously developing new drugs and treatment methods. The core therapy areas of Orion’s pharmaceutical R&D are central nervous system (CNS) disorders, oncology and respiratory diseases for which Orion develops inhaled Easyhaler® pulmonary drugs.
- Applications Deadline: September 10, 2018
- Course Level: Grants are available to pursue research for young scientists.
- Study Subject: Grants are designated for medicine, veterinary medicine, pharmacy and natural sciences related to those, such as chemistry and physics.
- Scholarship Award: The Foundation does not award travel grants, for example for travel to congresses. The smaller grants (maximum EUR 5,000) are always personal grants and not for expenditure. Research abroad with the grant is appreciated. The applicant shall attach the engagement letter from the place of performance for research of post-doctorate grant.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this grant.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Finland
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this grant.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Grants are designated for medicine, veterinary medicine, pharmacy and natural sciences related to those, such as chemistry and physics,1) For researchers with a doctorate (completed in the five years running up to 10 September 2018 )), for the continuation of research (maximum EUR 50,000) and
2) For young scientists without a doctorate, for scientific research (maximum EUR 5,000).
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Apply by filling in the electronic form on the Foundation’s website (http://www.orion.fi/en/rd/orion-research-foundation/). The application form is to be filled in using Finnish, Swedish or English. The Foundation does not take additional attachments or recommendation letters into account.