The University of Copenhagen is offering two PhD scholarships at the Department of Computer Science, Faculty of Science. Scholarships are available in Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning (NLP/ML) commencing September 1 2018 or as soon as possible thereafter.
The University of Copenhagen is the oldest university and research institution in Denmark. Founded in 1479 as a studium generale, it is the second oldest institution for higher education in Scandinavia after Uppsala University.
The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
- Application Deadline: June 1, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning.
- Scholarship Award: The starting salary is currently at a minimum DKK 317.459 including annual supplement (+ pension up to DKK 43.852). Negotiation for salary supplement is possible.
- Number of Scholarships: There are two fellowships available.
- Nationalities: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
- Scholarship can be taken in Denmark
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants should hold an MSc degree in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, Artificial Intelligence, or related fields, with good results and good English skills. In our assessment of your qualifications, we put emphasis on previous publications (if any) and relevant work experience.
- English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
- Project description (2-4 pages)
- Diploma and transcripts of records (BSc and MSc)
- Other information for consideration, e.g. list of publications (if any),
- Full contact details (Name, address, telephone & email) of 1-3 professional referees
How to Apply:
The mode of applying is online.