The Department of Economics, Management and Statistics (DEMS) of the University of Milan-Bicocca is inviting applications for PhD program in Economics and Statistics (ECOSTAT) for the academic year 2018-19.
Bicocca is a young university that will connect you with students from all over the world. You will not just be a student here. You will be a member of the global community. Since its foundation, the University of Milano-Bicocca has reached beyond its borders entering into various agreements with European and non-European universities.
User Review( votes)
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- Application Deadline: June 7, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in Economics and Statistics (ECOSTAT) for the academic year 2018-19.
- Award: The amount of the PhD scholarship is € 16,238.47 per year gross of social security contributions paid by the program recipient. The grant is exempt from local income tax and personal income tax (IRPEF).
- Project scholarships may only be assigned to candidates who have opted for them in accordance with art. 5 of this call for applications and who have been deemed eligible by the Board.
- The amount of The grant is increased by 50% for periods spent abroad, up to a maximum 18 months. The grant is granted for one year and is renewed for each year of the program, provided that the student passes the test for admission to the next year.
- The grant is paid in monthly instalments in arrears.
- Nationality: Available to applicants of all nationalities.
- Number of Awards: Up to eight fellowships are available.
- The award can be taken in Italy
Eligible Countries: Fellowships are available to applicants of all nationalities.
Entrance Requirements: Anyone who is in possession of the following educational qualifications may apply, without any citizenship restrictions:
- Postgraduate (second cycle) degree;
- Degree obtained under the laws in force prior to Ministerial Decree no. 509/1999 (old system degree);
- Master degree issued by institutions that are part of the AFAM (advanced artistic and musical education) sector;
- Foreign degree, as long as it is equivalent in length of studies, level and subject area to the Italian degree required for admission to the course. The suitability of foreign qualifications is evaluated by the board of examiners. In case the Degree is evaluated non-eligible, the applicant will be excluded from the competition.
- Students who have not yet obtained their degree may apply for admission; provided they earn their degree by 31 October 2018 accepted students who fail to meet this requirement will lose their right to admission.
- Those who are already enrolled in the same doctoral course at this University cannot apply.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: To participate in the admission test, all applicants must submit their application online, directly from the website of the University of Milano-Bicocca www.unimib.it, by accessing the Online Registrar’s Office not later than the deadline of 7 June 2018 at 12 noon (Italian time). No paper documents will have to be delivered to the offices.