The Department of Political Science and the Institute for European Studies of the Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB) are hiring four PhD researchers for several projects on democratic governance.
The Vrije Universiteit Brussel is a Dutch-speaking university located in Brussels, Belgium. It has four campuses: Brussels Humanities, Science and Engineering Campus (in Ixelles), Brussels Health Campus (in Jette), Brussels Technology Campus (in Anderlecht) and Brussels Photonics Campus.
User Review( votes)
The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
- Application Deadline: June 30, 2018
- Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in the field Democratic Governance.
- Award: The PhD grants are for four years. You will become an actively contributing member of the VUB’s Strategic Research programme on ‘Evaluating Democratic Governance in Europe’ and of the interuniversity Excellence of Science Project on ‘Representation and Democratic Resentment’.
- Nationalities: Citizens of Belgium are eligible to apply.
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- The award can be taken in Belgium
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of Belgium are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements:
Holder of a Master degree in Political Science or related field in Social Sciences and Humanities. Last year students are encouraged to apply, at the condition that they obtain their MA-degree before the start of the program; i.e. October 1st, 2018.
A good command of English, both in writing and speaking.
Specific skills are required for each of the research themes
- English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
Applications should include:
- A letter of motivation clearly indicating for which of the theme(s) you are applying
- A full CV (including degrees obtained for each study year, the title of your MA-thesis, and, when applicable, a list of publications, relevant courses taken, and conference presentations)
- A project outline, including a central research question and research design (maximum Two pages); if you apply for several of the themes, a project outline for each of them is needed
How to Apply:
The mode of applying is online.