The United Nations University is now accepting applications for the Ph.D. in Sustainability Science (2019) Scholarships. The grant is available to the applicants who must be from developing countries and can demonstrate a need for financial assistance.
JFUNU scholarship provides a monthly allowance of 120,000 JPY for living expenses for a maximum of 36 months. The program offers unique opportunities to interact with leading scholars and policymakers through lectures, international conferences, and workshops.
User Review( votes)
The United Nations University (UNU) is a global think tank and postgraduate learning organization with headquarters in Japan. The mission of the UNU is to contribute to efforts to solve global problems of human existence, development, and welfare through cooperative research and education, which concern the United Nations, its people, and member states.
Why at UNU- United Nations University offers a unique educational opportunity available anywhere in the world. it offers a growing range of master’s, doctoral and short-term programmes that equip the leaders of tomorrow with the necessary academic foundations to effectively address pressing global problems.
- Application Deadline: April 19, 2019
- University or Organization: The United Nations University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: The grant is open to pursuing the Ph.D. program.
- Award: 120,000 JPY
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Very small number are available
- Nationality: developing countries
- The award can be taken in Japan
- Language: English
- Eligible Countries: Developing countries are eligible to apply
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded in the field of sustainability
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- To apply for this application , the Applicants must be from developing countries who can demonstrate a need for financial assistance
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply, the applicants must submit an online application through the link: http://postgraduate.ias.unu.edu/forms/
- Supporting Documents: As part of the application, the applicants must submit all the following required documents:
- Admission Requirements:
- Language Requirement: The minimum score requirements for English language qualifications required by UNU-IAS are: 600 on TOEFL – Paper-Based Testing (PBT) or 100 on TOEFL – Internet-Based Testing (IBT) or 7.0 on IELTS – Academic format
The JFUNU scholarship provides
- A monthly allowance of 120,000 JPY for living expenses for a maximum of 36 months.
- However, travel costs to and from Japan, visa handling fees, and health/accident insurance costs must be covered by the student.
- The tuition fees are fully waived for the opportunity recipients.