Are you interested in developing and applying network science methods to real-world data? Apply for a PhD Position in Network Science at the Department of Methodology and Statistics at Utrecht University for the academic year 2022-2023.
In this PhD project, you will develop methods to understand how much information about node attributes is encoded in the networks’ topology and how much information about the network topology is encoded in the node attributes.
A fine chance to study at the Utrecht University in the Netherlands.
User Review( votes)
Utrecht University is a public research university in Utrecht, Netherlands. Established on March 26, 1636, it is one of the oldest universities in the Netherlands. It had an enrollment of 31,801 students and employed 7,191 faculty and staff. They are working to make the world better by researching complex issues across disciplines and bringing thinkers and doers together so that new insights can be applied.
Why study at Utrecht University? Utrecht offers a great environment for students to study and live. Utrecht has a bustling student community, with plenty of extracurricular activities to get involved in, many different student organizations and a wide range of sports and culture facilities.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is July 15, 2022.
- University or Organization: Utrecht University
- Department: Methode en Statistiek
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: €3247
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the Netherlands
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree in network science.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- You have substantial programming skills.
- You have a passion for interdisciplinary research.
- You are a motivated and collaborative team member, communicative and open to collaboration across scientific fields.
- You are willing to contribute to Open Science.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students are required to complete the online application form in order to apply for the award.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants are required to send their curriculum vitae, including a letter of motivation.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have completed (or almost completed) a Master’s degree in a domain relevant to the project, for instance, methodology and statistics, computer science, complex systems, data science, mathematics, or quantitative social science.
- Language Requirement: You can work independently and have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
The university will provide a salary range from €2541- in the first year to €3247- in the fourth year in the P-scale per month based on full-time employment. The salary is supplemented with an annual holiday pay of 8% and an end-of-year bonus of 8.3% per year. We also offer a pension scheme.