Utrecht University supports excellent research by inviting applications from exceptional candidates to apply for the PhD Positions in Human-Computer Interaction.
In this PhD project, you contribute to combating toxic behaviors and harassment in multiplayer games and online environments by developing tools, systems, algorithms, and AI approaches.
Nice opportunity for applicants in the Netherlands.
User Review( votes)
Utrecht University was founded in 1636 and is in the middle of the Netherlands. It is one of the best research universities in Europe and is known worldwide for its high-quality, innovative research and teaching. Shanghai Jiao Tong University ranks as the 50th best university in the world, with a total score of 4.3 stars.
Why study at Utrecht University? After Amsterdam, Utrecht has the most cultural activities of any Dutch city. In 2018, Utrecht wanted to be the European Capital of Culture. People often say that it is the best city for students in the Netherlands because more than 10% of the people who live there are students.
Application Deadline: The last date to apply for the scholarship is 11 July 2022.
- University or Organization: Utrecht University
- Department: Department of Information and Computing Sciences
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: €2,541 to €3,247 per month
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the Netherlands
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in Human-Computer Interaction.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- a strong background in the design and implementation of interactive systems.
- Previous experience with game development tools (e.g., Unity), machine learning frameworks (e.g., scikit-learn), and conducting user studies and experiments is a plus.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply, aspirants must complete the online application form.
- Supporting Documents: Attach the following:
- your letter of motivation
- your curriculum vitae (including your MSc course list and a list of your publications, if applicable)
- the contact details of at least two references
- a portfolio of research, design or development projects is beneficial (e.g., a link to an online portfolio)
- Admission Requirements: Students must have a Master’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction or a related field (e.g., computer science, Games and Media Technology, information science, artificial intelligence, interaction design, (applied) psychology).
- Language Requirement: Students must have excellent English communication skills (written and spoken).
- a position for five years;
- a full-time gross salary that starts at €2,541 and increases to €3,247 per month (scale P of the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities (CAO));
- 8% holiday bonus and 8.3% end-of-year bonus;
- a pension scheme partially paid parental leave and flexible employment conditions external linked on the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities