Orebro University and the School of Science and Technology are offering the PhD Positions in Computer Science with a focus on integrating Machine Learning and Machine Reasoning, concluding with the doctoral degree for the academic year 2022/2023.
The successful candidate should show strong and independent problem-solving and critical analytical abilities. The project aims to develop human-computer interaction approaches relying on neural-symbolic solutions to address problems related to natural language processing (NLP), conversational AI and user modeling.
Wonderful opportunity for applicants in the Sweden.
User Review( votes)
Orebro University is a state university in Orebro, Sweden. The university has its roots in the Orebro campus of Uppsala University, which became an independent state university college in 1977, Orebro University College. According to Times Higher Education, Orebro University is ranked among the top 500 in the world. Orebro is to be a prominent university for knowledge-based societal development.
Why choose to study at Orebro University? Here you will find a wide range of attractive professional educations, such as a doctor, psychologist, lawyer and civil engineer. Orebro University has strong research in medicine, psychology, environmental science and computer science. A wonderful campus, a welcoming town, dedicated teachers and great scholarships.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is 30 June 2022.
- University or Organization: Orebro University
- Department: School of Science and Technology
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Salary
- Number of Awards: 2
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Sweden
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree in Algorithms, Artificial intelligence, Artificial neural network, Big data, Computational sciences offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants must have Degree of Master of Science in Engineering or a one-year Master’s degree from a programme within the subject field or related subjects, or if he or she has received a passing grade of at least 120 credits, including an independent project on the second cycle, in the main field of study of relevance to the computer science field.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The application is made online to begin the PhD degree application procedure. After that, when you apply for admission, you automatically apply for a doctoral studentship.
- Supporting Documents: For the application to be complete, the following electronic documents must be included:
- The form
- Certificate on completed higher education courses and study programs, and if applicable, a degree certificate
- Degree project or independent project
- Copies of relevant courses or certificates and references verifying eligibility and criteria met.
- Description of research interests – detailing the field of research you are interested in, including, if applicable, theoretical and methodological approaches (2-5 pages).
- Admission Requirements: For admission to doctoral studies, applicants are required to meet both general entry requirements and specific entry requirements.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have required fluent spoken and written command of English is essential, while knowledge of Swedish is not necessary.
The university will provide an initial salary for a doctoral studentship is SEK 29 100 a month for high-potential applicants.