Grants always appreciate a candidate’s educational progress in academic programs. Keeping this in mind, the University of Queensland is providing the PhD International Scholarships for excellent students who want to make their future bright.
The scholarship opportunity assists PhD students who have demonstrated academic ability and who can show financial need arising from a disability. The programme is open for session 2020/2021.
An admirable opportunity that will help students by providing financial support.
User Review( votes)
Established in 1909, the University of Queensland is the fifth oldest public research university located in Australia. It is committed to providing high-quality research-led education and teaching climate.
Why study at the University of Queensland? UQ offers a wide variety of support services and guidance programmes to improve your study experience. During their time of study, the students will be demanding and inspiring.
Application Deadline: November 30, 2020
- University or Organization: University of Queensland
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: $40,000 per annum and a top-up of $5,000 per annum
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International students
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from domestic and international students around the world.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree programme in engineering and computing offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- You must need one of the following approved degrees to apply for a PhD:
- Master of Philosophy (or another research master’s degree); or
- Bachelor’s degree from an approved university with at least honours class IIA or equivalent; or
- Coursework master’s degree with an overall grade point average of 5.65on the 7-point UQ scale which includes relevant research experience, approved by the dean; or
- Postgraduate degree (at least one year full-time or equivalent) with an overall grade point average of 5 on the 7-point UQ scale, together with demonstrated research experience equivalent to honours class IIA will be considered on a case-by-case basis; or
- Bachelor’s degree plus at least two years of relevant research experience, including research publications.
- Must need to demonstrate some research experience to be accepted into a PhD
How to Apply
- How to Apply: First applicants have to take admission to the university. After, that applicant has to apply online to be eligible for the programme.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants have to submit the following documents: a cover letter, CV, and academic transcripts.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, students must have to check the entry requirements of their chosen program.
- Language Requirement: If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency. For more information, go through the English language requirements page.
The University of Queensland will provide a living stipend of $40,000 per annum, indexed annually and a top-up of $5,000 per annum is also available.