Vrije Universiteit Brussel is accepting applications for the PhD Scholarships in Circular Construction and the City in Belgium.
The motive of the programme is to support international candidates who are going to enroll in the PhD degree programme at the university.
An amazing opportunity for applicants in Belgium.
User Review( votes)
The Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB) is a Dutch and English-speaking research university located in Brussels, Belgium. It has four campuses: Brussels Humanities, Science and Engineering Campus (in Elsene), Brussels Health Campus, Brussels Technology Campus, and Brussels Photonics Campus.
Why study at Vrije Universiteit Brussel? As a Brussels-based international university, the Vrije Universiteit wants to improve society for the future by providing tailored, high-quality research and education to students. The university protects the rights of its students and faculty to participate in the formulation and review of university policy.
Application Deadline: August 22, 2022.
- University or Organization: Vrije Universiteit Brussel
- Department: Faculty of Engineering and the Faculty of Sciences and Bioengineering Sciences
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Salary
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Belgium
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree in Architecture, Economics, Geography, Industrial Economics, Spatial Planning, Urban Design.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- You are a team player and can work autonomously when needed.
- Good knowledge of economic geography, urban development, or the construction sector is a plus.
- The position is aimed at young talent willing to prepare a bid for an individual research scholarship at the Research Foundation – Flanders (FWO) or similar.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply, candidates must have to complete the online application form.
- Supporting Documents: Send CV, your letter of motivation, including your vision regarding the research theme and integration in the research project (maximum 2 pages), and the highest degree you’ve attained (not applicable for VUB alumni).
- Admission Requirements: You hold a Master’s degree in Geography, Urban Studies, Urbanism and Spatial Planning, Architecture, Architectural Engineering, or equivalent.
- Language Requirement: You have a good command of English (reading, writing, speaking). Knowledge of Dutch and/or French is an asset.
- Full reimbursement for your home-work commute with public transport according to VUB policy, or compensation if you come by bike;
- Cost-free hospitalization insurance;
- The space to form your job content and continuously learn via VUB LRN;
- Excellent facilities for sport and exercise;
- Delicious meals at attractive prices in our campus restaurants;
- An open, family-friendly work environment where attention is paid to work-life balance, and exceptional holiday arrangements with 35 days of leave (based on a full-time contract).