The Applied Nano-Optics Research Group at the Technical University of Denmark is inviting highly talented candidates to apply for the PhD Scholarships in Experimental Nanoscale Optic.
The PhD project focuses on demonstrating novel nanoscale resonators for the detection of chiral molecules. Students will work on identifying, preparing, and measuring new nanomaterials capable of boosting the circular dichroism signal of chiral molecules.
Great opportunity for applicants in Denmark.
User Review( votes)
The Technical University of Denmark is a university in Denmark and ranked 103rd in the OS World University Rankings. Its mission is to develop and create value using the natural sciences and the technical sciences to benefit society.
Why study at the Technical University of Denmark? They are globally recognized for the excellence of their research, education, innovation, and scientific advice. We offer a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect and academic freedom tempered by responsibility.
Application Deadline: May 31, 2021
- University or Organization: Technical University of Denmark
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Salary
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Denmark
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD Positionsin Experimental Nanoscale Optic
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Students must be highly motivated students with academic excellence and demonstrated scientific achievements.
- Students should be interested in doing cutting-edge research and prefer experimental work.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To grab the opportunity, aspirants must enroll in the PhD degree programme at the university. After that, they can apply for the award.
- Supporting Documents: Must include:
- A letter motivating the application (cover letter)
- Curriculum vitae
- Grade transcripts and BSc/MSc diploma
- Excel sheet with translation of grades to the Danish grading system
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have a two-year master’s degree (120 ECTS points) in physics, photonics, materials science, or a similar degree with an academic level equivalent to a two-year master’s degree.
- Language Requirement: All international applicants must prove their English proficiency by taking one of the English tests.
The Technical University of Denmark will provide the salary and allowance for students. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union. The period of employment is three years.