The MacDiarmid Institute for Advanced Materials and Nanotechnology is offering a fully-funded PhD Scholarship in Physics and Engineering to all the international candidates willing to gain quality education in New Zealand.
The programme is open for brilliant candidates who are going to undertake a research programme for the academic year 2021-22.
Amazing opportunity for international students in New Zealand.
User Review( votes)
The MacDiarmid Institute for Advanced Materials and Nanotechnology is a New Zealand Centre of Research Excellence (CoRE) specialising in materials science and nanotechnology. It is hosted by Victoria University of Wellington and is a collaboration between five universities and two Crown Research Institutes.
Why should you join this programme? The Institute pulls together passionate and committed investigators from seven institutions across Aotearoa who combine their expertise to find new ways to positively transform people’s lives.
Application Deadline: December 15, 2020
- University or Organization: MacDiarmid Institute for Advanced Materials and Nanotechnology
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: $27,500
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in New Zealand
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree programme in Physics/Engineering or Next generation optical-based magnetic sensors using magnetochromic composites.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Applicants must have a related degree, with 1st Class honours, or a High Grade or MSc or Postgraduate Diploma in the 4- Year Physics / Engineering (Honors) degree in New Zealand.
- Must be highly motivated with a good academic history, excellent understanding of materials science/physics knowledge and good working conditions in a team.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: For being enlisted in the program, aspirants have to take admission in the PhD degree coursework at the University and send an email to Prof. Grant Williams ([email protected]) and Dr Shen Chong ([email protected]) with PhD award in “Next-generation optical-based magnetic sensors using magneto chromic composites” in the subject line.
- Supporting Documents: Must submit- CV, university transcripts, a personal statement mentioning your interest in the project, two referees.
- Admission Requirements: To be eligible to apply, applicants must meet the entry requirements at the university.
- Language Requirement: If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency. For more information, go through the English language requirements
The MacDiarmid Institute for Advanced Materials and Nanotechnology will be granted a grant of $27,500 per year for three years and payment of all university tuition fees to the deserving international students.