With the goal of making higher education available to all talented and deserving students, the University of Sheffield is providing the PhD Scholarships in Professional in the Loop Explainable Open-set Misinformation Classification.
This project will develop an open-set misinformation classification model, which addresses several challenges in misinformation. The proposed model will be designed under an open-set assumption, which provides robust category classification performance with continuously evolving misinformation categories.
This is an amazing opportunity through which you can fund your higher education in the UK.
User Review( votes)
The University of Sheffield was founded in 1905 and is a public research university located in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England. It is ranked among the top ten universities in the United Kingdom for research and has risen to the top spot for income and investment in engineering research.
Why should you choose to study at the University of Sheffield? Their teachers will provide you with the additional push necessary to reach your full potential. You will gain the knowledge and skills necessary to work in ways that address the environmental challenges we face.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received by August 10, 2022
- University or Organization: University of Sheffield
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: £15,609
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: UK and international
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in Professional in the loop explainable open-set misinformation classification.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Applicants must be the UK and international students
- Students must have to enroll in the PhD degree programme.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for a PhD studentship, applications must be made directly to the University of Sheffield using the Postgraduate Online Application Form. Make sure you name Dr. Xingyi Song as your proposed supervisor.
- Supporting Documents: Your research proposal should be no longer than 4 A4 pages, including references outlining your reasons for applying for this studentship, explain how you would approach the research, including details of your skills and experience in [topic area]
- Admission Requirements: Students must have a good undergraduate degree (at least a UK 2:1 honors degree, or its international equivalent) or an MEng/MSc (or equivalent, or near completion) with first-class honors or distinction in Computer Science, or a closely related area.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, you must have an IELTS score of 6.5 overall, with no less than 6.0 in each component.
Successful applicants will receive UKRI tuition fees and stipend (currently £15,609 for 2021/22) for 3.5 years and an RTSG of £4,500 (across the award).