Applicants are invited to apply for the PhD Studentship in Immunity & Inflammation at Newcastle University for the academic year 2021-2022.
This studentship, funded by the endowment from the Robotham family, will explore the hypothesis around Addison‡s disease and will prove as great way for students to gain practical experience and knowledge. This will be presented to students that are accepted in the applied PhD programme at Newcastle and will receive benefits towards tuition fee and living expenses.
Get financial assistance and complete your studies in the UK.
User Review( votes)
Newcastle University is a UK public research university currently ranked 152nd in the QS World Ranking published 2020 that aspires to be a people- focused university that harnesses academic excellence, innovation and creativity to provide benefits to individuals, to organisations and to society as a whole.
Why should you choose to study at Newcastle University? Newcastle University is completely dedicated to public benefit to advance education, learning and research with an objective to build on this core purpose and provide new knowledge and creative solutions that make a positive impact. It works collaboratively with many external partners to shape brighter futures, grow the economy and champion social justice. The ultimate goal of Newcastle is to support the staff and students‡ development and allow them to reach their full potential.
Application Deadline: 15th October, 2021
- University or Organization: Newcastle University
- Department: Faculty of Medical Sciences
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Tuition fee and Living expenses
- Number of Awards: 1
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Candidates from UK and all other international countries can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students are eligible to apply for in PhD programme in the field of Medical Sciences
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Applicants must be accepted in the applied PhD programme.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants are required to complete the general admission application through the university portal. The students can apply for the studentship by mentioning the code TC026 in the studentship reference field when filling the application form.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Personal Statement
- Letter of reference
- Academic transcript and degree certificate, and specific program requirements.
- Degree certificate
- Research proposal
- Two letters of reference
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have, or expect to achieve, at least a 2:1 Honours degree in genetics, immunology, biomedicine, biochemistry or a related area to be accepted in a PhD programme at Newcastle.
- Language Requirement: The applicants are required to attain minimum scores in the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
The student selected to be given the PhD scholarship will receive full home tuition fee and living expenses up of £15,285 in full for 36 months towards the applied PhD programme at Newcastle. The difference between home and international tuition fee will have to be borne by the respective international student.