The University of Reading is seeking an experienced candidate to apply for the PhD Studentships in Evaluating Plant Level Eco-evolutionary Optimality Approaches in the Context of Land-surface Modelling for the academic year 2022-2023 in the United Kingdom.
This studentship will consist of full time tuition fee coverage of the PhD in Environmental Science programme at the University of Reading and a satisfying stipend. Students must hold a relevant qualification along with good quantitative & analytical skills and experience in programming (R, Fortran, Python) to be eligible and considered.
Nice opportunity for applicants.
User Review( votes)
The University of Reading is a public university ranked at 28th place among UK universities and 229th in the world. The university is a strong university internationally committed to addressing global problems through our teaching, research and partnerships.
Why study at University of Reading? The University of Reading is one of the best research universities in the UK and is committed to continuing innovation and investment in the future of its students. It is recognised for the quality of its teaching and learning. Students are taught and trained under the first-class supervision from leading experts in your research area.
Application Deadline: All applications must be submitted by 31st August, 2022.
- University or Organization: University of Reading
- Department: Geography & Environmental Science, School of Archaeology, Geography and Environmental Science
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Tuition fees and Stipend
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in United Kingdom.
- Eligible Countries: Students form all across the world are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for a PhD in Environmental Science programme at the Geography & Environmental Science, School of Archaeology, Geography and Environmental Science of University of Reading.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have experience in programming (R, Fortran, Python).
- Good quantitative & analytical skills required
- Experience in programming (R, Fortran, Python) essential
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Admission applications can be made via the online application portal. To apply for the scholarship, students must quote the reference GS22-101 in the ‘Scholarships applied for’box which appears within the Funding section of their admission application.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Contact details for two academic/professional references
- Statement of purpose
- A copy of your passport (for international students)
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must hold a 1st or upper 2nd class degree (or equivalent) in quantitative biology, environmental science or meteorology.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
The selected candidates will be awarded a scholarship covering full tuition fees and also be provided a handsome stipend by the University of Reading.