The University of Nottingham is inviting qualified graduates to apply for the PhD Studentships with the Welding Institute (TWI) in Laser-Assisted Cold Spray for Structural Repairs. The studentship will be awarded in the UK for the academic year 2022-2023.
The goal of the proposed PhD project is to investigate the effect of laser assistance on cold spray deposition behavior in high-strength, corrosion-resistant alloys. This project will determine how the interplay between laser parameters, cold spray parameters, and powder microstructure affects the mechanical properties of the deposit.
This is an amazing opportunity through which you can fund your higher education in the UK.
User Review( votes)
The University of Nottingham is a renowned public research university ranked 84th in the world in the QS World University Rankings 2018. It is dedicated to improving the well-being of people by providing outstanding education and research through its education system.
Why choose the University of Nottingham? The University of Nottingham is an ever-changing dynamic university internationally known for its amazing education quality. The students’ satisfaction percentage is very high through guaranteed employment and support services for students because of its student support services.
Application Deadline: All applications received by the university by 1st April, Friday, 2022 will only be accepted. Applications received after will not be considered.
- University or Organization: University of Nottingham
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: £20,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom.
- Eligible Countries: UK national and overseas students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can undertake PhD degree programmes in the field of engineering in Laser-Assisted Cold Spray for Structural Repairs at the University of Nottingham.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be graduates from materials/mechanical/ manufacturing/aerospace engineering or an equivalent classification or with an applied physics or chemistry degree.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students need to sign up on the university portal in order to apply for admission at Nottingham. To apply for the studentship, applicants must send the supporting documents directly to Prof. Tanvir Hussain [email protected].
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Detailed CV
- Cover letter
- Names and addresses of two referees
- Admission Requirements: The students applying must have at least a UK 2.1 class degree (with 70% in the dissertation) in materials/mechanical/ manufacturing/aerospace engineering or an equivalent classification.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
- TOEFL IBT – 71
- PTE – 87
The University of Nottingham will provide the selected candidates full UK/Home university tuition fees and a tax-free stipend up to £20 k per annum for the duration of the project. International students will be awarded limited tuition fees and stipends.