Monash University is offering a PhD/Master of Arts Scholarships in Social Science for domestic students. The university is accepting applications for the academic session 2022/2023.
The award amount is $30,000. Students can apply for this application by applying to the university. Eligible applicants must be enrolled in or accepted for enrollment in a Master‡s degree program at Monash University.
Nice offer for students
User Review( votes)
Application Deadline: October 24, 2022
- Organization: Monash University
- Department: N/A
- Course level: PhD
- Award Amount: $30,000
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic Student
- Eligible Countries: Australia
- Eligibility: Students can apply for a PhD degree and must have a master‡s degree at Monash University.
- The award can be taken in Australia
Monash University is a world-renowned institution of higher learning located in Melbourne, Australia. The university has six campuses across the globe and is especially well-known for its research programs in sustainability transitions, geography, sociology, and politics. Monash also offers a strong and supportive research culture led by some of the most internationally respected scholars in the field. The university is also successfully attracting competitive funding from national and international sources.
The successful applicant will have an excellent academic track record in Social Science. Competence in qualitative research methods is essential.
In its assessment, the selection committee will prioritize applicants with an Australian Honour‡s or Master‡s degree (both in a relevant field), with a significant research component, and with first-class Honours/H1 awarded.
Details of eligibility requirements, including English-language proficiency skills, to undertake a Ph.D./Masters in the Faculty of Arts. Applicants should ensure they familiarise themselves with these requirements before deciding whether to apply.
Scholarship holders must be enrolled full-time and on campus. Please note: applicants who already hold a PhD will not be considered.
The successful applicant will be expected to enroll by January 2023. However, there may be some flexibility as to the date of commencement.
How to Apply
To apply for this opportunity, please submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) comprising:
- A cover letter indicating your suitability for the role and which opportunity (PhD or Master of Arts by Research) you are interested in being considered.
- A brief research proposal not exceeding 750 words demonstrating your understanding of the area of research.
- A curriculum vitae, including a list of any published works, conference presentations, and relevant work experience.
- A full statement of academic record, supported by scanned copies of relevant certified documentation.
- English language proficiency tests (if applicable).
- Contact details of two academic referees.
- A copy of your current passport (if available).
Please contact Associate Professor Helen Forbes-Mewett, School of Social Sciences, [email protected], before submission of the EOI to discuss the project.
The successful applicant will receive a Research Living Allowance, at a current value of $30,000AUD per annum 2022 full-time rate (tax-free stipend).