The University of Skövde is seeking high-potential applicants to take part in the PhD Position for the academic year 2021-2022.
The programme aims to support students who want to start their PhD degree programme at the university in Sweden.
Nice offer for students in Sweden.
User Review( votes)
Established in 1977, the University of Skövde is a state university in Skövde, Sweden. it offers various degree programmes.
Why study at the University of Skövde? They provide first-class education and internationally competitive research, a place where we strive for their greatest accomplishments.
Application Deadline: October 29, 2020
- University or Organization: University of Skövde
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Educational fund
- Number of Awards:
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Sweden students
- The award can be taken in Sweden
- Eligible Countries: Sweden
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree in data mining, machine learning and simulation-based optimization.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Good ability to assimilate knowledge at the research level.
- Documented good ability in teamwork and good ability to work both independently and in groups.
- Good knowledge of data mining, machine learning and optimization algorithms.
- Good knowledge of statistical data analysis and numerical software (MATLAB, SPSS, etc.)
- Good knowledge and experience of programming in e.g. C/C++, Python, R, etc.
- Good knowledge of simulation techniques used in manufacturing and production engineering.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: For being enlisted in the programme, students have to take admission in the PhD degree programme at the university.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates have to submit the academic transcripts of all the previous school attended.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have the following:
- obtained a degree at an advanced level, or completed at least 240 higher education credits (ECTS), of which at least 60 credits are at the advanced level, or acquired essentially equivalent knowledge within or outside Sweden
- completed course requirements of at least 60 higher education credits (ECTS), including independent thesis work comprising at least 15 higher education credits at an advanced level in production engineering, computer science, information technology, automation technology or another relevant subject area
- a passing grade in the course English B or equivalent.
- Language Requirement: good ability to express oneself in speech and writing in Swedish
Benefits: The University of Skövde will provide the educational fund for students in Sweden.