PhD Position is open for Danish and foreign applicants at the Aalborg University (AAU). The position is available in Global Refugee Studies at the Faculty of Social Sciences, Department of Culture and Global Studies.
Aalborg University (AAU) has been providing students with academic excellence, cultural engagement and personal development since its inception. They offer education and research within the fields of Natural Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities, Technical and Health Sciences.
A fine program for students.
User Review( votes)
AAU contributes to the knowledge build-up of the global society as well as to the development of the prosperity, welfare and culture of Danish society. This is accomplished through research, research-based education, public sector services and knowledge collaboration.
- Course Level: Position is available for pursuing PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Position is open at the faculty of Social Sciences, Department of Culture and Global Studies.
- Award: Appointment and salary in accordance with the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities No 242 of 13 March 2012 and The Ministry of Higher Education and Science Circular concerning the job structure for academic staff at universities of 19 August 2015. Salary will be in accordance with the agreements in force.
- The award can be taken at Denmark
- The PhD scholarship has a duration of three years. Applicants to the PhD scholarship must hold a degree equivalent to a Danish Master’s degree. Applicants enrolled at a Danish Master programme who expect to graduate before the date of appointment must forward a copy of their thesis contract and documentation for the date of their final exam.
- The completion of the support will be in accordance with the Ministerial Order on the PhD Programme at the Universities No 1039 of 27 August 2013 (only available in Danish), and it is a prerequisite for allocation of a scholarship that enrolment as a PhD student at the Doctoral School of Social Sciences takes place.
- It will be considered an advantage, but not a prerequisite, that applicants have experiences with problem-based learning, which is Aalborg University’s pedagogical model. Applicants who are qualified to teach within other areas of the programmes mentioned should state this in their application.
Nationality: Danish and foreign applicants can apply for this PhD position.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The completed application including attachments shall be sent electronically by selecting the “apply online” function.
- Entrance Requirement: All PhD positions at Aalborg University require that candidates have acquired a Danish five-year Master’s degree or have completed another similar programme.
- English Language Requirement: Foreign applicants must forward the verified IELTS test (International English Language Testing System).
Application Deadline: Closed