Do you have the plan to research study in Sweden? If yes, then go ahead and apply for the PhD Position in 3D Cryo-EM of Sperm Tails offered by the University of Gothenburg for the academic year 2023-2024.
The scholarship opportunity is designed for all international and domestic students. The educational program attracts scientists and students for a fixed term as postdoctoral full-time for 2 years at the Department of Chemistry and Molecular Biology.
PHD Position in 3D Cryo-EM of Sperm Tails at University of Gothenburg, Sweden
Hurry Up! Nice offer to apply for a PhD Position at the University of Gothenburg to achieve two years full-time in Sweden.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1981, the University of Gothenburg is one of the major universities in northern Europe. The institution challenges people to enrich their lives and attain a sustainable future by using science as a basis and engaging teaching techniques.
Why study at the University of Gothenburg? The University of Gothenburg is committed to providing experiences that foster creativity and innovation, as well as expand knowledge and stimulate critical thinking. Gothenburg has the highest number of applicants per a study in many of its subjects and courses, making it one of the most popular universities in Sweden.
Application Deadline: 24 November 2022.
- University or Organization: University of Gothenburg
- Department: Chemistry and Molecular Biology
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Salary
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: Domestic and international
- The award can be taken in Sweden.
- Eligible Countries: All international and domestic students can apply.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Students can apply for a PhD position in 3D Cryo-EM of sperm tails at the University of Gothenburg.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Academic and scientific excellences are the primary assessment criteria.
- Science is mostly communicated in English and fluency in this language is a must.
- The ability to work well in a team is critical for a successful application.
- Extra credit will be given to a demonstrated ability to take own initiative and scientific independence. Give examples in the cover letter.
- Experience in structural biology, in particular, electron microscopy is meriting but not a must.
- Experience in andrology, microtubule, cilia and flagella research is equally meriting but not a must.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for a position, submit an application via the University of Gothenburg‡s recruitment portal by clicking the “Apply” button. It is the candidate’s responsibility to ensure that the application is complete as per the vacancy notice and that the university receives it by the final application deadline.
- Supporting Documents: Students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Cover letter
- University grades
- PhD certificate
- contact details to at least two references (of which one should be the PhD supervisor)
- Admission Requirements: For admission to a doctoral program, applicants must have a master’s degree.
- Language Requirement: The applicant must have good knowledge of English and the languages relevant to conducting the selected research project.
The selected PhD candidates will be offered employment for two years full-time at the University of Gothenburg.