Turn your ambition into reality and multiply your employability with advanced study and research. The Faculty of Engineering invites applications for a 3-year PhD position in Power Capacitors at the University of Southern Denmark (SDU).
The position aims to build strong knowledge and competencies within modern electrolysis, including lifetime models and material characterization to produce state-of-the-art high-voltage electrolytic capacitors.
PhD Position in Advanced Electrolytic Capacitors
Nice offer to study PhD at the University of Southern Denmark.
User Review( votes)
Established in 1998, the University of Southern Denmark offers over 115 different study programs at Bachelor, Master, and PhDs levels. SDU knows its international degree programs across five faculties as Social Sciences, Humanities, Engineering, Science, and Health.
Why study at the University of Southern Denmark? SDU offers excellent research and development facilities, flexible working environments, and a good research atmosphere with close links to knowledgeable researchers.
Application Deadline: 15 January 2023.
- University or Organization: University of Southern Denmark (SDU)
- Department: Faculty of Engineering
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Denmark
- Eligible Countries: Applications are welcomed from all around the world.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The position will be awarded for PhD for a 3-year position as PhD in the area of Power Capacitors and their applications.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following:
- Applicants have a master’s degree in Power Electronics, Physics, Chemistry, or related fields.
- Applicants are team players and have strong communication skills.
- Applicants are interested in a longer-term commitment to a growing research group, and they are willing to work in close cooperation with the industry.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for a position at the University of Southern Denmark, applicants will be asked to fill in the requested information and enclose their application, CV, and other relevant information.
- Before applying, applicants must read the faculty information for prospective PhD students and the SDU information through the link: https://www.sdu.dk/en/service/ledige_stillinger/soegjob.
- Supporting Documents: The applications must be in English and include all the following
- Completed TEK PhD application form for 5+3 applicants. Find the form on the Faculty website.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Certificates/Diplomas (MSc, PhD) – Danish or English transcripts
- Completed TEK PhD form for calculation grade point average. Find the form on the Faculty website. Upload in one of the fields called “Publication”.
- An official document describing the grading scheme of the awarding universities (if not Danish). Upload in one of the fields called “Publication”.
- Admission Requirements: An interview will be part of the assessment process.
- Language Requirement: Applicants are fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- Applicants will have an opportunity to conduct research in the field of modern electrolytic capacitors, develop models for lifetime prediction, methods to predict and test for reliability, and understand the physics of failures at elevated temperatures. Research should be validated by theoretical, modeling, and experimental methods.
- Applicants will participate in the planning, execution, and documentation of projects with industrial partners.
- Applicants will be involved in the daily supervision of master’s and bachelor students.
- Applicants will publish and present their work at international conferences and in scientific journals with high impact.
- Applicants will assist in teaching activities.