Whatever type of course you study, finance will always be an important factor. The Faculty of Science at the University of Amsterdam is proud to announce Amsterdam Merit Scholarship in the Netherlands.
Faculty of Science Amsterdam Merit Scholarship for non-EU/EEA or Suisse in Netherlands
Nice for non-EU/EEA to study in the Netherlands.
User Review( votes)
The University of Amsterdam is a top-100 university globally and one of Europe’s 15 best universities. It has aim to increase the prospects of academic and scientific knowledge for the advantage of society.
Why study at the University of Amsterdam? Amsterdam offers students a range of study programs, quality of life, and a high level of autonomy with great staff. Studying at UvA in the Netherlands will give students a great education and excellent value for money.
Application Deadline: 15 January 2023.
- University or Organization: University of Amsterdam
- Department: Faculty of Science
- Course Level: Master(MSc)
- Award: € 26.250 each academic year
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 1
- Nationality: Non-EU/EEA or Suisse
- The award can be taken in the Netherlands
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from non-EU/EEA or Suisse
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded to one of the MSc programs in the Faculty of Science at UvA.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following:
- Candidates do not have the nationality of one of the countries of the EU/EEA or Suisse
- Candidates are not eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans
- Candidates are not eligible to pay the reduced tuition fee rate for EEA students at the UvA
- Candidates do not receive a full coverage scholarship for the same period of study as the AMS
- Candidates have been (or will be) admitted for the first time to one of the MSc programs at the UvA
- Candidates are able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa (if applicable)
- Candidates have completed their previous academic program no longer than 3 years ago
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for the funding opportunity, applicants must have submitted a complete application to one of the MSc programs.
- Supporting Documents: Academic records, letter of motivation, curriculum vitae, a copy of high school grade list and diploma, a copy of bachelor’s transcript and diploma/certificate in Dutch, English, German, or French and in the original language, proof of English proficiency, two email addresses of referees, and a description of your Bachelor’s thesis/project in English (if applicable).
- Admission Requirements: Entry requirements and deadlines vary from program to program. Application for the Amsterdam Merit Scholarship is part of the application procedure for the Master’s program of students’ choice. Before you can apply to the UvA, you will need to submit an enrolment application in Studielink.
- Language Requirement: Applicants’ ability to write and speak in English must be at an academic level. Check the English language requirements here.
The Faculty of Science has a limited number of Amsterdam Merit Scholarships available. The amount of this single award will be € 26.250 for the first academic year, with a possible extension of € 26.250 for the second academic year.