Applicants are invited for PhD Position in the field of Meiotic Control of Recombination in Crops (MEICOM). The position is full-time initially for 1 year after which a go/no-go decision will be taken on an extension with another three years.
The aim of the position is to support ambitious, enthusiastic team player, a result-driven scientist who has an excellent academic record (MSc) in bioinformatics, computer science or a related area and to train young researchers and increase their mobility.
User Review( votes)
The Wageningen University & Research(WUR) is a Dutch public university in Wageningen, Netherlands. It consists of Wageningen University and the former agricultural research institutes (Dienst Landbouwkundig Onderzoek (DLO)) of the Dutch Ministry of Agriculture.
- Application deadline: January 15, 2018.
- Course Level: Position is available for PhD programme ,researchers and result-driven scientist.
- Study Subject: Position is awarded in the field of the Meiotic Control of Recombination in Crops (MEICOM) project. Within this project, you will study meiotic recombination crossover profiles using genome bioinformatics and machine learning methods.
- Award: We offer a dynamic and driven research environment with a strong international profile and a growing number of young researchers; a state-of-the art computational infrastructure; close collaboration with other PhD students, researchers in the plant and animal sciences and relevant companies; and the possibility to further develop your scientific education with courses, training and conferences. There will be opportunities to be involved in teaching at workshops or courses.
- The position is full-time (38 hours/week), initially for 1 year after which a go/no-go decision will be taken on extension with another three years. The gross salary in the first year is € 2222,- per month rising to € 2840,- in the fourth year for a full-time appointment.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for the position.
- Number of Awards: Number of position is not given.
- The award can be taken in Netherlands
- Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for the position.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have an MSc in bioinformatics, computer science or a related area.
- English Language Requirements: Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
How to Apply:
Applicants can apply via online: