The New York University, Arthur L. Carter Journalism Institute is organizing World Journalist Fellowship for international students. The fellowship is available to pursue Master of Arts programme.
The aim of the fellowship is to support to international journalists who enrol in one of graduate programs in journalism at the NYU’s Arthur L. Carter Journalism Institute
User Review( votes)
At New York University, Arthur L. Carter Journalism Institute believes that journalism has a serious public mission, and can make a difference in the world.
- Application deadline: January 4, 2018
- Course Level: The fellowship is available to pursue Master of Arts programme
- Study Subject: The fellowship is awarded in Journalism
- Scholarship Award: The Fellowship covers tuition and fees for two semesters of one of our graduate concentrations, as well as a stipend for each of the two semesters.
- Nationality: International
- Number of Scholarships: Not given
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: International
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet following criteria:
- Hold a non-U.S. passport
- Applicants must be fluent in English and at least one additional language
- Have at least two years of international journalism experience or a combination of free-lance journalism assignments equal to at least two years of work (Public Relations and corporate communications experience will not be accepted. Work is done for internships and student publications do not count.)
- Complete applications for both the fellowship and for admission to the M.A. program in Journalism
- Some graduate concentrations require the GRE and some make it optional. Check with the website of the concentration to see if the GRE is required.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must take the TOEFL or IELTS. The TOEFL is waived only if English was an applicant’s language of instruction in his or her degree program.
- Applicants can apply through online processor.
How to Apply:
- Journalists interested in the Fellowship must simultaneously complete (1) an application for the fellowship and (2) an application to the M.A. program at NYU’s Arthur L. Carter Journalism Institute.