The Umea University is looking for a doctoral candidate within the project Chemo-optogenics. This scholarship is available to International students.
Umea University aims to provide excellent facilities and state-of-art equipment and platforms in a creative, inspiring, international and highly interactive environment.
User Review( votes)
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- Application Deadline: September 3, 2018
- Course Level: Positions are available for pursuing PhD programme.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: Salaries are paid on a monthly basis according to the established salary level for doctoral employment.
- Nationality: Invite is open to International students.
- Number of Scholarships: Not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Sweden
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: This scholarship is open to International students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- A second-cycle level degree, or
- Completed course requirements of at least 240 ECTS credits, of which at least 60 ECTS credits are at second-cycle level or
- Have an equivalent education from abroad or equivalent qualifications.
- To fulfil the specific entry requirements to be admitted for studies at a third-cycle level in chemistry, you are required to have completed first-cycle courses of at least 90 ECTS credits within the field of chemistry or another subject considered to be directly relevant to the specialization in question. Of those 90 ECTS credits, at least 15 ECTS credits shall have been acquired at a second-cycle level within the specialization or an equivalent subject.
- Experiences in protein/peptide chemistry, organic synthesis, and/or cell imaging are strong merits
English Language Requirements: Students must have very good language skills in English, both spoken and written, is required.
How to Apply:
- A complete application should contain the following documents:
- A cover letter including a description of your qualifications, research interests and motivation for applying (max 2 pages)
- A Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of degree certificates or equivalent, including documentation of completed academic courses and obtained grades
- Name and contact information of at least two reference persons
- Applications must be submitted via our e-recruitment system. The last day to apply is September 3, 2018.