Heidelberg University is delighted to offer the PhD Positions in Cellular and Systems Neuroscience in Germany for the academic year 2021-2022.
The project aims at understanding the role of cortico-thalamocortical communication in the somatosensory system. The research is carried out in collaboration with Prof. Thomas Kuner (Institute for Anatomy and Cell Biology), involving a vibrant environment and a wide array of techniques and expertise.
User Review( votes)
Heidelberg University is a public research university with the purpose of developing knowledge and skills for the benefit of present and future generations in an atmosphere of open-mindedness and tolerance for persons and ideas.
Why study at Heidelberg University? In addition to academic and social commitments, Heidelberg University places a high value on student and young researcher training. It provides for early integration into research subjects and procedures by applying novel concepts for research-based teaching.
Application Deadline: October 3, 2021
- University or Organization: Heidelberg University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Salary
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: German Students
- The award can be taken in Germany
- Eligible Countries: Germany
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree in Cellular and Systems Neuroscience
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Data analysis and programming skills using MATLAB/Python/R etc. are strongly preferred and thus applicants with strong experimental skills and a flair for handling large datasets are particularly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To enroll at the university, applicants must have to take admission at the university.
- Supporting Documents: Submit your official transcripts of academic records from every postsecondary institution attended for at least one year as a full-time student, statement of purpose, Contact details of two referees + two reference letters from these referees, and CV.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have master’s degree in life-science, preferentially neuroscience, neurobiology or related areas. Experimental experiences in neurosciences (neurophysiology and/or behaviour) are a prerequisite.
- Language Requirement: Students must have to complete the language requirements of the university.
Heidelberg University will provide the salary for applicants in Germany.