Start your academic journey in the USA. Western Michigan University is giving an opportunity to apply for the Diether H. Haenicke international awards for deserving candidates.
This is a highly competitive award open for Incoming freshmen and incoming transfer students who are going apply for admission in an undergraduate degree course at WMU. The award amounts are determined on the basis of the cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) on a four-point scale.
Nice chance for international students
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1903, Western Michigan University (WMU) is a public research university located in Kalamazoo, Michigan. It has more than 300 registered student organizations.
Why would like to study at Western Michigan University? WMU prepare students for a life well-lived so they can pursue their purpose and make a meaningful impact on society. They will empower students to speak openly about mental health in order to educate others and encourage help-seeking.
Application Deadline: February 1, 2022
- University or Organization: Western Michigan University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate study
- Awards: Educational fund
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International students
- The award can be taken in the United States
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded for undergraduate study in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: Candidates must meet all the following criteria:
- The student must have been admitted to WMU.
- Students must have non-resident international status.
- Undergraduate degree-seeking student entering WMU for the first time after secondary school or transfer from another post-secondary institution.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Incoming freshmen students do not need to complete the application. They will automatically consider for the opportunity when they will apply for WMU admissions. After being accepted to WMU, when you log into your account, you will see a link to apply for these endowments on the main page.
- Supporting Documents: International applicants will need the following to successfully complete this application:
- Copy of passport identification page
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Transcripts from all secondary and post-secondary schools attended or are attending, including diplomas, examination results, mark sheets, and certificates
- $100 non-refundable application fee
- Proof of sufficient funds for the first academic year of study at WMU according to the estimated cost of attendance
- Entry Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must have high school certificates with a good academic record.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have English language proficiency (speaking, reading, and writing)
Western Michigan University will provide a number of awards of various amounts. Funding for the grants will be given with half of the award deposited into the student‡s account at the start of the fall and the spring semesters.