The Korteweg – de Vries Institute of the Faculty of Science is inviting applications for two fully funded PhD position (4 years) for the research project: “Methods from complex dynamics for locating zeroes of graph polynomials”.
The Korteweg-de Vries Instituut voor Wiskunde (KdV Institute) is the mathematical research institute of the Faculty of Science of the Universiteit van Amsterdam. The KdV Institute offers a stimulating scientific environment in which research focuses mainly within the research programmes: Algebra, Geometry and Mathematical Physics; Pure, Applied and Numerical Analysis, and Stochastics.
User Review( votes)
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- Application Deadline: 31 August 2018Korteweg-de Vries Institute for Mathematics in Netherlands
- Course Level: Positions are available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Positions are available to pursue 4 years research project: “Methods from complex dynamics for locating zeroes of graph polynomials”.
- Scholarship Award: Based on a full-time appointment (38 hours per week) the gross monthly salary will range from €2,266 in the first year to €2,897 in the last year.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this position.
- Number of Scholarships: Up to 2 positions are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the Netherlands
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this position.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- Master degree in Mathematics or related field;
- Highly motivated;
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
A background in all of the above-mentioned fields of research is certainly not expected, but an affinity with any of these fields will be considered a plus
Experience in teaching is a plus.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: The UvA is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We value a spirit of enquiry and endurance, provide the space to keep asking questions and cherish a diverse atmosphere of curiosity and creativity.
You may only submit your application online using the link below. You should include the following information in separate PDF files (not zipped), using the surname, initials and a self-evident word as file names, e.g., Smith J CV:
- A letter of motivation (at most 1 page), explaining why you are interested in this position;
- A curriculum vitae
- A copy of your Master’s thesis (when available). If not yet available, please include a copy of your Bachelor’s thesis.
- A list of all university courses taken, including a transcript of grades;
- The name and contact details (including email address) of three referees who can provide details about your profile (one of whom should be the main supervisor of your Master thesis).
We will accept applications until 31 August 2018. To process your application immediately, please quote the vacancy number: 18-443. The committee does not guarantee that late or incomplete applications will be considered. #LI-DNP