The Department of Historical, Philosophical and Religious Studies is looking for a Postdoc Researcher in History. The employment period is two years full-time (100%). International students are eligible to apply to apply for this position.
Umea University is a university in Umeå in the mid-northern region of Sweden. The university was founded in 1965 and is the fifth oldest within Sweden’s present borders.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate proficiency in English by means of an internationally recognized test, e. g. TOEFL, IELTS or the equivalent.
- Application Deadline: September 14th, 2018
- Course Level: Position is available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Position is awarded in epidemiology or public health.
- Award: Monthly Salary will be awarded to applicants.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply.
- Number of Awards: Numbers not given
- The award can be taken in Sweden
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply to apply for this position.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this application you must meet the following requirements:
A person who has been awarded a doctorate or a foreign qualification deemed to be the equivalent of a doctorate shall be qualified for employment as a postdoctoral researcher. For this position, a doctoral degree in history, or the equivalent, is required. A precondition is that the applicant has not previously been employed as a Postdoc at Umeå University for more than a year within the same or equivalent discipline. Priority should be given to those candidates who have completed their doctoral degree no more than three years before the closing date of the application. A candidate who has completed their degree prior to this time period may be taken into consideration if special circumstances exist. Special circumstances include absence due to illness, parental leave or clinical practice, appointments of trust in trade union organizations or similar circumstances.
Both good writing and oral communication skills in English as well as good ability to work with others are requirements for this position.
In the assessment of candidates, special importance will primarily be laid to the scientific merits of the candidates and then to the quality and feasibility of the research plan. In assessing the feasibility of the research plan, importance will be laid to how well the research proposed fits with the research environment in history at the department, and to the degree to which the research competence already available at the department would support this research (a description of the research environment can be found here).
English Language Requirements: They also should have good skills in written and spoken English.
How to Apply: The application should be written in English or Swedish and should include the following documents:
- (1) A letter of interest that states the candidate’s motivation for applying for the present position and briefly explains how the research project proposed can benefit from the research competence available at the department (1-2 pp)
- (2) Curriculum Vitae and validated copies of degree certificates (date of thesis defense and its title, current and previous positions, grants, awards, research collaborations)
- (3) A full publication list with electronic copies of 3-5 of the most relevant works, the thesis included
- (4) A research plan that describes the research that the candidate intends to do during the employment as postdoc (3-5 pp)
- (5) A list of 2-3 reference persons including their positions and contact details
The application is to be sent via e-recruiting system Varbi, no later than September 14th, 2018.