The International Max Planck Research School for Elementary Processes in Physical Chemistry is offering the PhD Positions in Physical Chemistry at the Fritz Haber Institute of the Max Planck Society.
The newly established graduate school IMPRS-EPPC in Berlin is offering PhD positions for research projects to be carried out with any of the participating research groups at the FHI, the Freie Universität Berlin, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Technische Universität Berlin, and Universität Potsdam.
User Review( votes)
The Fritz Haber Institute (FHI) in Berlin-Dahlem is one of the oldest and renowned research institutes within the Max Planck Society (MPG), Germany’s most successful scientific organization for fundamental research. At the FHI, researchers from all over the world are engaged in basic research in the field of chemical physics at interfaces and surfaces, catalysis research, and molecular physics.
Application Deadline: October 30, 2021
- University or Organization: International Max Planck Research School for Elementary Processes in Physical Chemistry and Fritz Haber Institute of the Max Planck Society
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Salary
- Number of Awards: 5
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Germany Students
- The award can be taken in Germany
- Eligible Countries: Germany
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Candidates should propose a specific research project in Physical Chemistry or related fields.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Applicants must be German candidates.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applications will be accepted only through the Online Application form.
- Supporting Documents: Any application to the IMPRS-EPPC will require the following documents:
- University transcripts for an excellent M.Sc. degree or equivalent in physics, chemistry, or related disciplines
- Two letters of recommendation
- A certificate of English proficiency for non-native applicants
- A specific motivation statement, proposing a research subject and at least two IMPRS-EPPC principle investigators that suit this research subject
- Admission Requirements: Applicants should hold an excellent Master’s degree or equivalent in physics, chemistry, material science, or related fields
- Language Requirement: Applicants must be known with the German and English languages.
International Max Planck Research School for Elementary Processes in Physical Chemistry and Fritz Haber Institute of the Max Planck Society will provide a starting salary corresponding to a 66,67% TVöD/E13, Level 1, position. The positions will be co-funded between the IMPRS-EPPC (1st year) and the respective research group (remainder of the contract).